PDA

View Full Version : 1st fish on a sp,mixed bag

rosco1974
10-01-2010, 03:38 PM
took the wife and the youngfella off the goldie this mornin,headed straight to a mark i have for the 24's was an ordinary trip out with alot of slop,got to the mark and plenty of bait schooled up on the bottom so we droped the bottom bashin rigs down only to find the sweep in plauge,we all got double hookups on the 1st drop,bugger so after an hour we set off to my trag mark started off slow so through out a nuc chicken 7inch 1st try with plastics offshore,half way to the bottom got a hit but didn't take the hook,:'( so put another nuc chok on and this time i hit the bottom so let it rise up and got smashed again hooked it this time up come my 1st fish on a sp outside turned out to be a pearly but only 33cm so back it went,then the next 20 minutes or so the trag went nuts so back on the bottom basher rig for me we got bout 12 between 33-45 cm kept 7 all over the 40cm mark,then for the next couple of hours the fishin was ordinary my son got a pigfish and i got my 2nd fish on a plastic a squire bout 36cm,headed in to the 18's on the way in pulled up on a good show but only undersized trag comin onboard so pulled the pin,
got outfished by the youngfella today but hey dont mind that nothing more enjoyable than seeing him catch fish he has a smile from ear to ear,

cheers rosco
p.s the trag where all caught on mullet flesh

Scalem
10-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Good work Rosco, catching a feed off the goldy on weekends shows you got what it takes.

What did the trag go for? Pillies on droppers? Did you anchor?

Good result!

Scalem

rosco1974
10-01-2010, 06:33 PM
got them on a patanoster with mullet flesh,only bit well for bout 20 -30 minutes then dissapeared,didn't anchor just drifted,bugger all current or breeze hittin the bottom easy with 4ounce snapper lead in 50mtrs
cheers rosco

Goldfinch
11-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the SP club Rosco. They all start off around that size mate and they just keep gettin bigger and bigger. Before you know it, you're on Scalem's Yalta landing monster Jewies!!! Was probably a snapper that hit you on the way down.

Cheers
Dave

vertico
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
how wasthe current ?

rosco1974
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
vertigo,
there was no current at all,started off with a 8 ounce on the dropper then went back to a 4 ounce,a 1 ounce jighead held bottom went back to a 1/2 ounce and still got to the bottom easy in 50mtrs,got both fish on the 1 ounce jigheads

goldfinch
was deffinatly happy with my 1st effort even with fish of that size,will still take a while to convert me totally but is another option when fishin,prob wasn't ideal fishin with the boat not drifting and doing circles ,prob too good a day for fishin

cheers rosco

TimD
11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
will still take a while to convert me totally

rosco ill try and convert you when i get out for a session with you soon :tongue:

Good to see you get a couple on plastic's on your first attempt using them

cheers tim :smiley:

DaMaGe
12-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Good work on the plastics!

vertico
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
same area you got your trag from a few months ago mate ?

rosco1974
12-01-2010, 06:31 PM
yeah but a bit further south