PDA

View Full Version : C-Map PC Planner

Rumbles
10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I am currently trying to load a 2004 version of the C-Map Pc Planner NT+ to run on windows vista.After a few driver difficulties I have the software runnig in the correct mode (not demo) and have the hardware and driver working together. However the catch, when I attampt to read the c-map card I have a device not present error.
Has any one had this problem? Is it a windows Vista issue or a driver device issue? Any advice would be appreciated

Troy

Malcolm W
10-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Rumbles,
Have you entered the PC planner registration code on the USB reader.

What version is your PC planner.

What year is your C-Map card.

When you say you attempt to read the card, do you mean it wont show the C-Map details (reef, contours, etc ) or your unable to read the blank card used for transfering files.

Also check that the USB multimedia card reader software has loaded( go to file manager).
Mal.

PS, I have the program on 2 PCs 1 with windows 2000 and a laptop with vista. The laptop had to have a memory upgrade and a complete reboot of all the programs as PC planner kept crashing. All good now. If the above fails try it on another PC.

Rumbles
10-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Mal,
The Pc planner Nt+ was purchased 2004, the C-map card is current 09. when I go into file manager and attempt to transfer map info or data from the reader I get "device not present error". The reg detatils have been entered??
The card I am attempting to read is the card I have been using in the navman plotter with current marks in it.

Will try it on the work Pc tomorrow

Any ideas
Thanks Troy

Rumbles
10-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Pc Planner version 3.3.2

Malcolm W
10-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Troy,
The multi reader will take the C-map card and C-Map SD card in seperate slots. The SD card will only transfer routes, tracks and user pts. As far as I know only C-map SD card will do this.
I'm not quite sure from your post but it sounds like you are trying to transfer using the C-map card and not an SD card?. All the C-Map card will do is allow greater detail and zooming for the area purchased.

If this is the case you will have to purchase a SD card and download what you want from your navman and the transfer to PC planner.

My 2007 version is V11.0.3. If different versions are incompatable with later cards ring Jepperson Marine they were helpful for me.
Mal.

whiteman
11-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Vista is a pig. 7 is very good and supports compatibility installs for Vista, XP .... a very handy feature.

Rumbles
23-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks all for your help, have it loaded and running.
Cheers
Troy