PDA

View Full Version : Prop Size ?

mojoe1
10-01-2010, 12:23 AM
gday guys and girls sitting here late sat night got me thinking about my prop size nothing better to do i guess.i have a tiller steer 4.5 meter blue fin warrior with a yam60hp four on it boat dry no gear 375kg. i have no dials to read other than my gps/sounder. at full speed i get 29-31 knots by my gps. now from half speed to full speed there is not much in the way of rev or speed increase prop size is 11x1/8x13g when i got my 1st and 2nd service print out it has rpm at 5000 nothing over going by past post solas are guys to speak to but maybe u guys could give me your opinion first thanks all.

winston
10-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Mojoe 1, I have a Brooker 4.85 side console with a Yamaha 60 4 stroke EFI both of which are 2009 models. I had the 13" standard prop but was displeased with the top end performance. I changed to a 12" Solas stainless propeller and the difference has been remarkable. I you put the hammer down at 4500 rpm, it rockets to 6000rpm. It also holds the plane at lower speed. The boat now launches onto the plane far faster. I did lose approximately 2 knots in top speed, down to 30 knots. This is my fourth Solas propeller (on different boats) and on each occasion the service has been excellent. Call them. Cheers Winston.
:D