PDA

View Full Version : Chancellor Park lakes

shane 234
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Ok, i have seen people casting bass lures into these lakes, seen some people fly fishing and heard a rumour a while back of there being bass in the lakes. i am heading there tomorrow to try a few different approches i was going to cast some flies throw some spinnerbaits, garden worms and dough. can anyone shed some light on what i might expect?? i am guessing there will at least be eels in there. will let eveyone know how i go.

Whitto
10-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Im going to be no help to ya at all........Where is Chancellor Park Lakes.

shane 234
10-01-2010, 10:44 AM
if you live on the sunshine coast you should have some idea lol. its a little suburb on the sunny coast which the council decided could benefit from a few man made lakes.

Whitto
10-01-2010, 11:15 AM
if you live on the sunshine coast you should have some idea lol. its a little suburb on the sunny coast which the council decided could benefit from a few man made lakes.

Never let it be said Shane you never stop learning.....Thanks mate now I know.....Cheers

Chamelion
10-01-2010, 03:57 PM
The question would then be, how on earth did the bass get in there?

tae4551
10-01-2010, 05:29 PM
councils to control mosquito's. there in all the man made lakes on the coast. along with spangles

darylive
10-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Keen to here how you go

Chamelion
10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Interesting interesting... I had a flick in the lake near Anaconda and didn't get any hits. My try around chancellor park after work on tomorrow.

Matt.

shane 234
10-01-2010, 11:29 PM
well now this is getting interesting. we had a flick in the lake on the left hand side of the first bridge along university way. we spotted some small fish unsure yet of what they were we started casting. these fish were rather small but were smashing my bass lures, though they couldnt get hooked because of there size. we then put some small hooks on and some dough to catch one and see what they were. on hooking a couple we discoverd they were spangled perch. so now all we need to know is are there catchable bass or spangleds in there? there would have to be right?

Chamelion
11-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Had a look in a few of the lakes this afternoon... All I saw were what looked like little black fish... Plenty of them and I did see a bloke fishing in there with some dead bait.

I didn't see any bass though...