PDA

View Full Version : lms 332 problem

myusernam
09-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I've been a lowrance customer since before gps came out and have had numerous units over the years. currnetly i've got a lms332 and am NOT HAPPY.

It worked grat untill just out of warranty the zoom out and zoom in buttons started to activate by themselves causing man overboards and lockups and rendering the unit unuseable. My friend has the same physical unit (but sounder only) and his does the xsame thing! It's obviosly a poorly designed keypad that the rubber cracks over many keypresses/ or time and allows water in..

In the past Lowrance have offered trade in or repair services but the price they offered me was $100 off full retail of a new unit - I've seen them advertised cheaper! I think it sucks that I have outlayed so much cash on a system that is unuseable because of one sticky button and unrepairable because they make tham that way.... The least they could do is offer flat fee repairs like garmin. I am now looking at more quality products like raymarine purely because of after sales service and repairability. I trhink It's unreasonable to expect me to pay slose to $1000 for a replacement unit that has not lasted due to a poorly designed keypad that allows water ingress.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Obi _ Wan
10-01-2010, 11:45 AM
I've been a lowrance customer since before gps came out and have had numerous units over the years. currnetly i've got a lms332 and am NOT HAPPY.

It worked grat untill just out of warranty the zoom out and zoom in buttons started to activate by themselves causing man overboards and lockups and rendering the unit unuseable. My friend has the same physical unit (but sounder only) and his does the xsame thing! It's obviosly a poorly designed keypad that the rubber cracks over many keypresses/ or time and allows water in..

In the past Lowrance have offered trade in or repair services but the price they offered me was $100 off full retail of a new unit - I've seen them advertised cheaper! I think it sucks that I have outlayed so much cash on a system that is unuseable because of one sticky button and unrepairable because they make tham that way.... The least they could do is offer flat fee repairs like garmin. I am now looking at more quality products like raymarine purely because of after sales service and repairability. I trhink It's unreasonable to expect me to pay slose to $1000 for a replacement unit that has not lasted due to a poorly designed keypad that allows water ingress.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Had a similar problem with my LCX25C, after a few seconds it would automatically zoom in.

I went through the menu and discovered that somehow the auto zoom had been activated, i turned this off and all is good.

Hope this works for you as i understand the frustration of buying an expensive item and getting no back up for minor problems.

Cheers,
John.