PDA

View Full Version : Hydrofield repower

pharaoh
08-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi,

I posted to this list earlier about re powering my 6.8m hydrofield jaguar. It currently has twin 115 yamaha's on it. I have done some thinking and might go with converting to a single. My question is how will it perform.

Its an older style hull, the year is not on the compliance plate, it was made before they started the cut out at the rear of the outer hulls, and before Telstra changed our phone numbers to add the extra digit prefix. It was made by Hobson Eliot Field PTY LTD. The guy who owned it before used to have twin 75's or 90's I cant remember, but he said he felt it was underpowered and put the 115's on. I found them to be good for this boat. The compliance plate says max hp is 200. No matter what I search on the net I cant find a picture of one that looks the same as this one.

Does anyone have one of these hulls? I am thinking of putting a single 200hp on it but want to know how it will perform.

pharaoh
08-01-2010, 09:02 PM
http://www.tac-au.com/hydrofield.bmp
BTW: Here is a picture of it

ifishcq1
09-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi Pharaoh
a single is way better and remember if you go over the plated 200hp your insurance is void
here is a pic of my mates rig 6.1 with a 150 yam 4st and it goes very well
cheers

boatboy50
09-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey,

I would guess your rig is an early/mid nineties. It may even be late eighties.

I repowered an 18SF i owned with a single 140hp. It went well, and set up right to strat with, I never had any cavitation issues. I'd personally go with a 175hp Suzuki or a 200hp Suzuki. I think that would be a great match.

Darren