PDA

View Full Version : spotties

bluefin59
07-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Just a quick note to those that dont know ,the spotties are off the goldie at the moment we took our share today casting 15g gillies slugs in white and also on bait we got from some small bonies we trolled up early on the way to mermaid . We went for a quick look at palmie but it was a carpark ,we gave up counting howmany boats were there at 50 so get out early . We had 3 pro boats working near us at mermaid and they where racking them in all ish where close to 95cm and nearly a meter They where anchored and lightly berlying then dropping unweighted baits over and casting around with slugs as well. We lost 5 slugs today but it was worth it i think getting out early tomorrow would be the go if you can because the way the word spreads on the coast there will be 100 boats at palmie and mermaid tomorrow i have only put up one photo as we had cr#p all over our hands for the best part of the day ....matt .8-) 8-) 8-)

timddo
07-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Which ramp did you put in, I may go on saturday if the weather is kind

bluefin59
07-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I used the ramp up from seaworld mate it has 2 double lanes and a pontoon now and plenty of parking but if i where going on the weekend i would be there before sunup thats for sure ,its going to be busy i bet ...matt

Jeremy
07-01-2010, 08:03 PM
thought that might have been you I passed heading North on the highway around 3pm. I was at Mermaid early but left at 6 am to chase marlin. Too many boats too close for me, but good to hear you got some. My report is coming.

RAT-KING
07-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Well done great looking fish!!!

I wish my boat was working so i could get amongst them!!

ON-THE-CHEW
07-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Matt,
So that is where they all went, not many of them have made it into the bay. Good stuff to get amongst them with so many boats out.

Andrew

bluefin59
07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Jeremy was that orange boat that went past me on the highway yours? If so it looks realy well put together it actually caught my eye and not just the colour but the condition as well, we actually intended to do what you did but got caught up and didnt get out quit as far as we would have liked we trolled for about 2 hours just outside the 36s .We couldnt find any bait to speak of and no birds ,we ran a couple of cockys one in blue angle and one lumo and a couple of uzis but not a look maybe next time . Andrew everyone was picking them up there were heaps of them we had a ball ,we just didnt get to where we intended next time i will be heading wide ...matt;) ;)

Jeremy
07-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Jeremy was that orange boat that went past me on the highway yours? If so it looks realy well put together it actually caught my eye and not just the colour but the condition as well...matt

That was me, orange/white half cab Haines towed by white Hilus ute. I saw your Ausfish sticker.

Cheers!

Heath
08-01-2010, 07:55 AM
i think getting out early tomorrow would be the go if you can because the way the word spreads on the coast there will be 100 boats at palmie and mermaid tomorrow

:) No one from Ausfish will tell anyone.... PML

Jono_SS
08-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Matt.

great to see...they're a bit bigger than the ones we caught off the Sunshine Coast the other day. We did have a brilliant day, however, capped off by the drive home from Mooloolaba while listening to the Aussies winning the cricket...could it get any better??

the highlight of the day for me was accidentally catching a spotty while casting at jelly bean tuna (see photos).

looks like a good season is underway, so if anyone is interested in donating their spotted or Spanish mac frames to our monitoring program, send me a pm. And don't forget Mitch is after Wahoo frames!

cheers.

Jono.

Pistol_P
08-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Spotties Galore off Noosa and boats galore too.:P

We bagged out easily today (in quite sloppy conditions) on slow trolled pillies.

Yesterday the boys bagged out casting slugs but each day is different and today they were down deep.

Pete

Jono_SS
08-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Just in case anyone is interested in some recent results...

summary of some spotted mac results at:

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_15054.htm

summary of some Spanish mac results at:

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_15045.htm

Jono.