PDA

View Full Version : gloves for kayakas?

warrior
07-01-2010, 05:18 PM
hi all you kayakas ,i was wondering if you water men and women use gloves at any time while kayaking ,especially in the colder months and climates ,my wife and i have a fishing glove of high quality with the fingers cut out and very flexible material that might be of interest to you people cheers AL

Al1969
12-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Do you have pictures you can send and how much are they?

thanks

Just_chips
13-01-2010, 06:32 PM
I do use gloves, but they are not designed for kayaking but they do the job. They are leather with fingers cut out etc. Got them from bunnings so it realistically gets written off for me as safety equipment. Had them couple of years now and apart from getting a bit smelly have served me well.

Still interested in what you have though, it's always nice to have a choice.

Kev

warrior
16-01-2010, 05:57 PM
these gloves are made out of wetsuit material and have leather inserts where the stress points are and removal thumb sections if you need the tie or do anything fiddly ,here are a few pics of them they will retail for around 20 bucks the colored ones are for the younger people cheers AL

warrior
17-01-2010, 08:15 PM
some better pics

Just_chips
18-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I reckon I would need all five fingers cout out including the thumb, as they are integral in tying knots, it's already hard enough using 4pd leader on bream etc.

Kev

warrior
18-01-2010, 12:18 PM
kev if you look close at the thumb it has a slit in it so you can fold it back and tie your knots then pull it back over

Gigantor
12-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Warrior,

I use the fingerless sun gloves when kayak fishing. Mainly to stop sunburn on the back of the hands. I use the GoSo sports gloves (http://www.sunprotection.com.au/documents/goso_gloves.pdf), which work well.

I'm in QLD so winter cold on the hands is not an issue.

Cheers, Pete

tunaticer
12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
I find gloves more annoying than helpful even in the depths of winter predawn mornings out in the bay.
During peak summer though it is worthwhile wearing the sun protection open palm mits to avoid skin cancers.