PDA

View Full Version : Banks

indy
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
G'day

Jamie and I hit the banks yesterday leaving home at 3 am bit late for us but couldn't be bothered getting up earlier.

Had a fair run up with a bit of slop left over from the night before but still managed 30 klm hr.

The plan was to fish all day and then fish the sun down for the arvo, well as the day went on we where both stuffed by 4.30 and the wind had picked up from the north making our floaters head towards the anchor so we decided to call it a day and head home while the conditions where still good.

We ended up with a bag of parrot, 4 pearlies, red throat, tuna, maori cod and
a gold spot wrasse and a couple of squire.

Also for those wanting to no my mate did well down at the 12 mile catching a bag of pearlies, cobe maori cods and parrot and stuff.

Sorry no photos couldn't be bothered

cheers pete...

lethal098
07-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Pete, well done, sounds like a decent day on the water, who fished the 12 mile??
What sort of size did the red throat go??

cheers Lee

indy
07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
just a friend of mine lee nobody from ausfish
the redthroat was only small about 43cm

lethal098
07-01-2010, 02:29 PM
we got a couple on sat that went the usual 35-37, nothing legal.

are they still in plague proportions out the banks?? i have not been out the banks in so long.

cheers Lee

indy
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
not real sure lee we only did a couple of drifts thru that area and moved on to the next, might anchor up on them next time and float some baits down and see if we can get a few better ones, we did get about four or five two legal ones but the other one was only just legal so we let it go.

goona
07-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Well done Pete. I wish I had as much time off as you do!!!!

hungry6
08-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Dont worry, those red throat are going to get big sometime soon.

No Fear
10-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah about those red throat boys, I too have been waiting for them to turn legal, always a pain in the butt out there.....but I know where they all go after 38cm.......................went out from Rosslyn Bay in CQ early new year and the buggers are in plague proportion there as well......except they are 50cm........we caught 20 between 4 of us in 20mins and have to move. The local who owned the boat said this was standard for the area.......Maybe a massive net across the top of the banks might keep the buggers here.......hahahaha