PDA

View Full Version : Help please. HDS5 writing orientation

Pretzil
05-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Not long ago we bought a new lowrance HDS5 combo unit, I mostly like it but one thing that is really annoying me is that even though I have the map orientation set to 'path up', the names of my waypoints always face north.

This means that if I am heading south, the names are upside down, which annoys me, especially since our old LMS-527 (which is basically previous equivalent model) does do it.

I have looked thru what feels like all the menu options 3 times and cannot find anything to fix this, I have also looked thru the manual.

Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Thanks

leelee
05-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Yes the way to fix that is you need to change your unit to read course up not north up.

Here is how you do it -

Make sure you are on the GPS screen and press MENU

Select CHART OPTIONS and select COURSE UP.

Cheers

Lee

Pretzil
05-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I dont think that is the solution... I have the orientation set to course up (i.e the boat always faces the top of the screen and the north compass at the top corner spins around the screen when I turn) the problem is that the words below the waypoints always face the same way as the north compass.

Thanks for trying

leelee
05-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Sory mate I made a mistake try changing from COURSE UP to HEADS UP and see what happens.

Cheers

Lee

NEWBY
26-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I dont think that is the solution... I have the orientation set to course up (i.e the boat always faces the top of the screen and the north compass at the top corner spins around the screen when I turn) the problem is that the words below the waypoints always face the same way as the north compass.

Thanks for trying
I have the HDS10 with Navionics platinum and your right...Yes the words and depths etc spin with the map. Even my Navman isnt this bad...I HATE my HDS unit with a passion.
Can anyone solve this???? Map spins if you have course or heading up and the writing spins with it so if your heading south, the writing is upside down. Herd to read 7.6m depth upside down