PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies 2nd Jan 2010

Midnight
04-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Gday,
First trip of the New Year was to chase some Wahoo, Mahi Mahi and little Blacks at Hutchies and the inshore grounds.

We had a great days fishing, ending up with 6 Wahoo, 1 Mahi Mahi and 2 Yellow Fin. We had double and triple hook ups on all including 2 Blacks that both spat the lures.

The Lure of the day was my trusty old red/white Halco Laser Pro 190 Crazy Deep. It caught 4 Wahoo, the Mahi Mahi and a Yellow Fin. I put another laser pro in the water in the afternoon in Blue Mackeral colour and it caught a Wahoo in the first 5 minutes. Only 1 Wahoo was caught on a skirt, a Black Barts El Squid Jnr. A couple of other skirts got Wahoo'd and wrecked but didn't hook up.

We had Marlin in the spread a couple of times that were happy just to bill whack a couple of lures and then leave.

All in all a great day out with heaps of action.

I hope the action is there out wide on Wednesday with the Blues!

Cheers,
Myles

bigval73
04-01-2010, 11:51 PM
looks like a great day ,looks like first sickie for the year on wednesday!!

sleepygreg
05-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Well done Myles. Dont those Dollies look brilliant when they first come out of the water. Nice catch of 'hoo as well. Glad to see there are some small Blacks around now. Looking good for the tournament season. Have you got your tournament entry form yet for the Australia Day 8kg Moreton Bay Billfish Challenge?

Cheers
Greg

soulfish
05-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the report myles looks like you had a great day.

jason

ON-THE-CHEW
05-01-2010, 05:46 AM
You guys killed it, well done hopefully out there again tomorrow, might see you guys again, hopefully no rain this time...

Andrew

trueblue
05-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Well done Myles - all good fish there mate

cheers

Mick

reefer
05-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Myles,

What a way to start the new year, looks like you had a great day and I am sure that Mitch will be happy with all those frames.

Cheers,

Phil

Midnight
05-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks fellas. Yep it was a great day out. Shame we couldn't get a Marlin to stay connected but the action was there all the same, and my freezer is looking better. mmmmmm Wahoo burgers;D

Greg, I will see you tonight at the club, but I have been shafted on my days off for the tournament and will miss it. I am planning on fishing the SCGFC tournament on the 4th and 5th though. I am really p!ssed off about not being able to fish the MBBC tournament again due to work! Thems the breaks though:'(

Reefer, the frames are headed Mitch's way.

See you out there Bigval, we are heading to the shelf in the morning to try for a Blue, but we will be stopping by Hutchies on the way home if we don't get one out wide.

Cheers,
Myles

captain rednut
05-01-2010, 08:16 PM
hi myles great catch! i have seen you out there a few times in the berty there a great boat/motor combo, im out for the next four days and also fishing the bribie gamefish tournament on friday and sat, ill say hi next time we pass.
thanks jim

Searaider 2
05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Geday Myles ,
Top catch , post & photo's .
If its not a rude question , what speed to you troll the Laser Pro's ?

Midnight
06-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks Peter,
I troll between 6.5-7.5kts boat speed. Depends how rough it is.

Been sitting on 7kts lately.

Cheers,
Myles

TCSunCoast
06-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Great catch, good luck for Wednesday.

It will be good to catch up with you at the SCGFC Comp in Feb. There is a $13,000 BMT package to give awayand $50k of prizes.

I am fishing the Bribie comp on the weekend so lets hope there is a good roll up and the weather plays the game.

Tony