PDA

View Full Version : how good are the BCF tee tops for c/consoles

reilly
03-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Lol hows the rain got soaked fishing sat
I must be getting soft wouldn't have worried me a few years ago
Got a few fish nice flathead and squire
Looking at those tee tops for a centre console from BCF what are they like I only need to get me head out of the sun and rain worth it or not:-/

burleygu
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
reily how are you mate i beleive they are the same canopy as whitworths and bias boating sell id log onto whitworths and compare prices to bcf might be a little bit cheaper. i have one on my 5.2 center console it supports 2 1.8mtr aerials and the gps antenna. ive had it on the boat for over a year now and what you pay for them you cant complain. i found i had to support it abit more as all the mounting options didnt really suit my console but its easy enough to stiffen it up abit.

only bad point is they dont fold down therefore my beloved boat is stuck in the front yard. am wanting to get a custom fold down one made but this one is still going so am staying with it for the time being. but deff compare prices! chuckd in a pik to of mine!

Dantren
04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Sounds like they are Oceansouth re-badged units.
I had an Oceansouth same as burleygu's.

They are great for shade, but DO NO HOLD WATER.
If raining, water will seep through the canopy.
Definitely not sturdy enough to support weight, unless mods are done.

I liked mine - good value for money

Marlin_Mike
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I have one on my cc.
Found I had to put upprt bars extra on it to stop it wobbling artound. I have 2 aerials, 3 radios 2 speakers and a gps aerial on it. Hol;ds it good. wouldnt put rod holders on her might be too much then.

see pics of mine. added 2 struyts and a small angle to stop sideways movement.

reilly
05-01-2010, 09:14 PM
burleygu is that DI point in the pic hows the fishin thanks for the info

burleygu
06-01-2010, 05:32 PM
yeah reily thats DI . fishing was no good was incredibly rough out the front.. have yet been back up there with some good weather but am hoping to drag it back up one wkend..