PDA

View Full Version : No or hard to find dive flags Barwon Banks

SNAPPERCOFFIN
03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Been a few boats over the last two weeks on the banks with skin divers the guys have either no flag or where the guys are diving the boat has a flag on it hard to see but 200-300m away from them. Some of them have fish attracting floats with them and when you approach the area they jump in boat and leave very quickly. It is not going to be very long b4 someone gets run over with the traffic out there.

samson
03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Its the spearies their not so bad in calm weather but put a chop on the water and they make good speed bumps they need a spotter in the boat so they can hover around them with flag up to mark them better which most do, though not a problem so much out there they piss me off on small reef systems when your happyly trolling away and they jump in and you can't get anywhere near the reef.

captain rednut
03-01-2010, 08:20 PM
hey snapper
i agree! as i have personally had some very close calls lately at brennans and hutchies with the selected few brain dead divers whom assume their boats are enough to protect them from being run over whilst diving??? it concerns me because im trolling five skirted lures from the back not to mention the chrome plated four bladed lure we have attached to the boat ! god i wish they would get a more visible system to protect them!!
thanks jim