PDA

View Full Version : Suzki DF175 interface with lowrance

stabi 659
02-01-2010, 09:08 PM
HELP.

I have searched the chat forums and still can't work it out.

I have purchased the wireing kit to hook up my DF175 with my HDS7M. Hooked it up today but i can't see the suzuki in the device setup on the Lowrance. I have the node powered up in the back of the GPS and i am running the external antenna. I can see the antenna but not the motor. I have the Yamaha part to attach to the motor but do not know what i am doing wrong as there is no need for it. I can plug the K8 adaptor direct into the suzuki wireing. What i am not sure on is do i cut the suzuki wireing from the motor and attach to the yamaha part.

Looking at it there is 3 wires coming from the motor and 3 wires on the K8 adaptor although when i join them they do not match up. There is a blank conection on each and they do not match.

Does anyone have any pics of what it should look like as this would help heaps. Every dealer i speak to in SA has never done one or heard of it being done.

Thanks

Rod_Bender
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
mate how old is your 175?

stabi 659
02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
purchased Jan 08 so prob an 07 model

bronsonwinston
03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Stabi, I have the same problem with the suz 175 to a HDS10. The lowrance will pick up the external GPS and LSS but not the interface data. My engine is a 2009 model and has the yamaha connection installed. I was going to connect the fuel flow sensor but was hoping to get the fuel data info from the interface. I have been trouble shooting for while and about to give up and take it to a dealer to have a look at. I think also you need to have the latest software update for the HDS installed on your unit for it to work, if you havnt already done that i would try that and see how you go. Any info from people with the interface already installed would be apreciated.

Luke G
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Is the Key on?

If its an 07 you wont need the K8 adaptor.

stabi 659
04-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Yes the key was on. Also tried it with the motor running. Still nothing

Another question, when you hook it all up and it is working do you have the guages working. My tacho and alarm lights still worked.

Also does it plug in from the fuse box end or the other.

Cheers

Greg P
04-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Stabi - hope the pictures are still in this thread but here is an old post on a US forum

http://www.gamefishin.com/gfboard/forum_posts.asp?TID=30839&PN=1

Can you run through the set up you have done now as I am a little confused as to what you have purchased to install ? Were you told the Yammie interface would plug into the Zuke connector (it may I have NFI on whether they are a standard connector) but I think you should have a suzuki EP20 not a Yamaha version. The zuke will plug stright in (not sure on the yammie)

K7 engine should not need the K8 adaptor but there were some late build 07 models that do need it. Not having seen the back of a Lowrance HDS I assume they are "red" connectors???

I wont be able to get pics till next week of my DF150 install but may remember some if you post up what you have done.

Cheers

Greg

honda900
04-01-2010, 05:49 PM
stabi 659,

the following thread has the wiring diagram, it has been used by several ausfish members and known to be working.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=152891&highlight=lowrance+suzuki

Let me know if you need more details, or you can search the electronics forums.

Regards
HOnda.

stabi 659
04-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Here is a pic. I think i have to connect to the silver square 4 pin conector. If so how. I have the Yamaha 4 pin conection. Do i need to modify the K8 adaptor to fit. If so what colours match up. Only 3 from the K8 adaptor and 4 off the motor.

Thanks54742

bronsonwinston
04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Stabi,

Here are a few pics of how i got the DF175 rigged up. I was on the phone to the lowrance & suzuki techs today and was talked through how the wiring should be, aperantly all is hooked as should be but the HDS unit is still not registering the engine, the external gps is working fine so there is power to the network. I never hooked up the original wiring and was wondering is there a fuse for the interface cable.
I might have a faulty lead or K8 adapter.

sum

stabi 659
04-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Sweet. Now i know where to hook up to. Where did you get the conection between the K8 adaptor the motor from. I have a blank conection but need to modify it an have no idea of the wiring sequence. I realy need a conecter with 2 male plugs.

Just a thought. Was on the phone today with lowrance today and i had to change the T peice from the back of the unit to the join from the interface cable and the extension cable. Just a thought.

Cheers