PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fin Barracuda

Baggins
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Happy new year to you all
I am a new member up in Far Nth Qld, recently retired and wanting to buy new boat ( even the wife is enthusiastic) and am looking at a Blue Fin Barracuda 4.5 or a Tabs 4.6 Territory both side console,with a Honda 60hp 4st. Was hoping somebody out there has one or had one and could let me know what they are like. I would be using it in impoundments, estuary and close reef.

TCSunCoast
01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Baggins,

A mate has a 4.5 Barracuda. Have been out in it of the Sunshine Coast it is goes really well. IT has a 60 merc on it, live bait tank etc etc. The only thing I found with it was that it seemed a little cramped down the back end around the console, chair, transom. In saying that I have never been in a boat like this before, maybe they are all like it???

Can't comment on the TABS.

Least you you have retirerment and the missus sorted, your 90% there.

Have fun.

Tony

Baggins
01-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks Tony, Buying a boat I find is not like buying a car. Its very hard to get a test "drive" and then see it in the trim that u want to put in it. Thanks for your feedback.

cam0511
02-01-2010, 02:21 AM
G'Day Baggins,

I have recently been through the same dilemma and settled on a TABS 4.65 Sportsfisher Pro with a 90 Suzuki 4 Stroke. I looked at all the major brands and narrowed it down to the TABS, Blue Fin and Formosa.

After visiting the factory I settled on the TABS as I was impressed with the construction process and they were willing, and able, to accomodate all of the modifications that I wanted. Whilst they are definately not the cheapest, I felt it was the best compromise for what I wanted to do.

As with all boats everything becomes a compromise - be that price, size or fishing style. I guess the best bet is to work out exactly what you want in your boat, how much you are willing to spend and then start test driving those that seem to fit the criteria.

My boat is not due for completion until mid Feb but would be more than happy to take you for a run if you still haven't decided by then. I was extremely happy with the deal that got from a dealer in Hervey Bay so if you want more details feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Cam.