PDA

View Full Version : mondy today

haggis
31-12-2009, 09:09 PM
hi all , was fishing mondy today in the rain ,not having much luck when we seen a boat catch a nice barra , thats 3 fish we seen caught in the last three rain soaked
days & also two dead ones then my misses screams im on .after about ten minutes she lands a 98cm . man im so proud of her . it was caught on a predateck viper in silver on a 6-8 killo bay rod with 10kilo penn mono line with a 60 pd leader on a abu bait runner real
cheers jimmy :D

Whitto
31-12-2009, 09:48 PM
hi all , was fishing mondy today in the rain ,not having much luck when we seen a boat catch a nice barra , thats 3 fish we seen caught in the last three rain soaked
days & also two dead ones then my misses screams im on .after about ten minutes she lands a 98cm . man im so proud of her . it was caught on a predateck viper in silver on a 6-8 killo bay rod with 10kilo penn mono line with a 60 pd leader on a abu bait runner real
cheers jimmy :D

Well done Mrs Haggis.......Nagg will be excited knowing you caught it on a Predetec Viper, He loves them.

NAGG
31-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Well done Mrs Haggis.......Nagg will be excited knowing you caught it on a Predetec Viper, He loves them.

I was actually going to reply ....... RUB IT IN >:( ...... Bloody vipers ::) - they should burn them all ;D ...... Ted Bullpitt & Nagg

Chris

PS ..... Well done Mrs Haggis

warrior
01-01-2010, 07:04 AM
well done haggis ,having the little lady hooking up is priceless to me hope yours loves it as much as mine,cheers AL

Steve B
01-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Well done Jimmy,

Sounds like it was fairly hard going but you and your good wife got rewards for persistance hey!!

She looks stoked in the photos!!

Love the vipers!! best trolling lure around...hands down. I still have a pile of them with battle scares over them from the Awoonga hey days!

CHeers Steve

PaulMark
01-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Naggs Nemesis strikes again!!!!::):)Well done to the good lady Jimmy.:D
Paulo.

NAGG
01-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Paulo.

Another sleepless night ...... tossing & turning ::) "viper , viper , viper"

PaulMark
01-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Just have to count barra Chris:D,better'n sheep(or vipers) you'll soon be dreaming of somewhere up the back of 'B'8-);)
Paulo

haggis
01-01-2010, 07:43 PM
thanks guys the wife was still very happy to day till she hooked up with what was probably even bigger , well on its first run it almost spooled her I had to put the boat in reverse & chase it we had water coming up over the pod but we eventually got the line back onto the reel almost got the fish to the boat when
the fish straightened out her snap lock & stole her silver viper then she got her gold viper snagged & that was it no more vipers . I lost about two other lures & three soft plastics but on the possitive side we are getting better at getting lures out of trees . will have to get more lures two days left for me to break my duck
cheers jimmy .....................

haggis
02-01-2010, 09:07 PM
no fish today , lost some more lures ( this trip is going to cost a small fortune )seen 118 cm getting cleaned a the camp cleaning table

darylive
02-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Gotta love the Vipers! 118 on the cleaning table? must be hard up for a feed?

warrior
03-01-2010, 02:44 AM
118 on the cleaning table worse than hard up for a feed i reckon,:-/ i would rather eat catties

NAGG
03-01-2010, 06:53 AM
118 on the cleaning degreasing table worse than hard up for a feed i reckon,:-/ i would rather eat catties

Its certainly a shame to see a trophy fish knocked on the head :-[

skeeter
03-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Paulo.

I have to come clean instead of just enjoying watching NAGG copping it about the Vipers (must be new years good will and stuff). I can't been able to catch anything on them either. I still have the first one I bought in the late nineties (from the caravan park at Awoonga from memory). Down to three now lost two on snaggs.

I like the look of them, good action , nice hardware, well made, trolls well, Aussie, etc. Just haven't been able to get anything (not even a bump) on them. Tried casting and trolling.

Done ok with the smaller boomerangs on bass, saratoga and yellow belly but Vipers are in the back of the bottom of lure drawer now.

Peter

haggis
03-01-2010, 08:46 PM
well last day of the trip got no fish this morning nearly ran out of fuel so quick dash to gin gin to fill the boat & have some lunch then back on the water seen a 115 cm caught and ive still not caught a fish damnnnnnnnnnnnnn
the wife says we have to come back to catch the meter yehaa
I was not impressed with the big fish get cleaned at the table as there mate had another tub full of fresh barra fillets cleaned before i got there .
cheers jimmy

BR65
03-01-2010, 08:54 PM
well last day of the trip got no fish this morning nearly ran out of fuel so quick dash to gin gin to fill the boat & have some lunch then back on the water seen a 115 cm caught and ive still not caught a fish damnnnnnnnnnnnnn
the wife says we have to come back to catch the meter yehaa
I was not impressed with the big fish get cleaned at the table as there mate had another tub full of fresh barra fillets cleaned before i got there .
cheers jimmy

Bad luck Jimmy, least the missus got a nice fish and is keen to go back.
Whre did you see most fish caught, still trolling basin and Bass Straight areas?
Shame about the big fish at the fillet table, but as long as they were in bag and size, what can you do?
What is bag at the moment, arent we in closed season with one fish per angler in posession from a stocked impoundment only?
cheers
brian

NAGG
03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I have to come clean instead of just enjoying watching NAGG copping it about the Vipers (must be new years good will and stuff). I can't been able to catch anything on them either. I still have the first one I bought in the late nineties (from the caravan park at Awoonga from memory). Down to three now lost two on snaggs.

I like the look of them, good action , nice hardware, well made, trolls well, Aussie, etc. Just haven't been able to get anything (not even a bump) on them. Tried casting and trolling.

Done ok with the smaller boomerangs on bass, saratoga and yellow belly but Vipers are in the back of the bottom of lure drawer now.

Peter

Pete .... I reckon you should try to make it to one of our gatherings ----- one night we could have a viper burning night - --- > I reckon Brian would join us too .

All good here .... every one knows how much I dislike vipers -- I actually blame Matty Fraser (Dam Hot 2) ....... I told him that he owes me for the 6 vipers I bought & still own ....... did you know they multiply :o 8 now :( - Even the bower bird that I fish with leaves them alone when he comes across one on a barra dam ;D

Chris

BR65
03-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Im down to 1 x Viper only, and Im saving it for the day the dam rises 30 foot over nite and I have to troll the basin.
I plan to swap the viper for a beer with a Victorian fisho, drink the beer, and watch HIM troll it around all day!

NAGG
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Im down to 1 x Viper only, and Im saving it for the day the dam rises 30 foot over nite and I have to troll the basin.
I plan to swap the viper for a beer with a Victorian fisho, drink the beer, and watch HIM troll it around all day!

prolly catch a 130+ under yr nose ::):P:-[

Whitto
03-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Dear Oh Dear........Ya both will need restraining.

BR65
03-01-2010, 09:15 PM

Such is my life! Did I ever tell you the story about how the misus holds the house record for biggest Coral Trout................? >:(

Sorry Jimmy, hijacking your thread is damned rude.

NAGG
03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Such is my life! Did I ever tell you the story about how the misus holds the house record for biggest Coral Trout................? >:(

Sorry Jimmy, hijacking your thread is damned rude.

Such is life

Whitey did his best to beat me last year ;D

NAGG
03-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Dear Oh Dear........Ya both will need restraining.

Brian & I both have a passionate dislike for vipers :-X Have you ever tried to cast one :o ..... .no bloody wonder they get trolled :'(

Chris

matt fraser
03-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Tough luck Jimmy, Damn frustrating fish at times. Well done to the missus! but if you were driving the boat, you can take some credit.....I would anyway!

Go the Vipers! It takes real skill to tow such a lure to tempt barra:P , Castiacs like Nagg will never appreciate such talent! ;D So they give up and cast slick rigs and X Raps?:D

Cheers,

Matt

NAGG
04-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Tough luck Jimmy, Damn frustrating fish at times. Well done to the missus! but if you were driving the boat, you can take some credit.....I would anyway!

Go the Vipers! It takes real skill to tow such a lure to tempt barra:P , Castiacs like Nagg will never appreciate such talent! ;D So they give up and cast slick rigs and X Raps?:D

Cheers,

Matt

& then they let you claim a world record ..... ::) talk about injustice ;D

robersl
04-01-2010, 06:29 AM
Another sleepless night ...... tossing & turning ::) "viper , viper , viper"
Hey Chris
they tell me you are going to win the muster this year and every one is putting in a viper just for you to use

shane

robersl
04-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Hi Jimmy well done mate hard work has paid off

shane

skeeter
04-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Weren't using vipers to, were are you?

Peter

matt fraser
04-01-2010, 08:15 AM
& then they let you claim a world record ..... ::) talk about injustice ;D
Not the Viper actually - but the long forgotten Manns Boof Bait Stretch 12+

Barry Ehsman
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
[quote=NAGG;1114598]Pete .... I reckon you should try to make it to one of our gatherings ----- one night we could have a viper burning night - --- > I reckon Brian would join us too .

All good here .... every one knows how much I dislike vipers -- I actually blame Matty Fraser (Dam Hot 2) ....... I told him that he owes me for the 6 vipers I bought & still own ....... did you know they multiply :o 8 now :( - Even the bower bird that I fish with leaves them alone when he comes across one on a barra dam ;D

Chris
[/quote
Gday Chris
As i said in my earlier report found a gold viper floating at Awonga put it on & caught a Barra within 30min's::) love em now;D (trolling of course)

Cheers Baz

NAGG
04-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Chris
they tell me you are going to win the muster this year and every one is putting in a viper just for you to use

shane

If I was lucky enough to win the viper pack - I'd gladly donate them

haggis
07-01-2010, 08:44 PM
the only legal barra in my boat were caught on vipers one flicking the lure & the two others trolling all caught by my wife the only two barra ive caught were on a gold bomber shallow flicking at timber but three years between fish is getting hard to take .
cant wait till next trip .
cheers jimmy ...........

lifestyle
08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
It is a shame about keeping big fish but some times you have to . I caught fish with trebles in eyes and badly bleeding from the gills and some just have died in the boat The fish i keep generaly go to people in need who are very greatfull for the help out. your missus caught some great fish shame about the weater. it can be a hard place to fish in those conditions. well done

NAGG
08-01-2010, 08:03 PM
It is a shame about keeping big fish but some times you have to . I caught fish with trebles in eyes and badly bleeding from the gills and some just have died in the boat The fish i keep generaly go to people in need who are very greatfull for the help out. your missus caught some great fish shame about the weater. it can be a hard place to fish in those conditions. well done

I'm totally with you on this lifestyle ....... much better to make use of a fish that is doomed rather than letting it go & having it go belly up anyway .........

Chris

Steve B
08-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Well done on a decent trip Jimmy. hope you and the missus had enough fun to come back again...I reckon you will do better next round. most do, there is no substitute for experience....dont let the viper jibes hurt!!!...I reckon they rock...If I am trolling 12-15ft...first lure used!!..good stuff again mate. Shame I have been at work, would have tried to catch up.!!

Cheers Steve

haggis
08-01-2010, 09:39 PM
lifestyle i agree with not wasting the fish but if possible i would always rather see them swim away .
steve we will be back , the weather didnt bother us we were well used to lots of rain back home . hopefully next time i will land a fish . thats two day trips and one full week also with out landing a fish ..
cheers jimmy