PDA

View Full Version : Boaties Behaving Badly

Bosunsmate
28-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Read this in the Townsville Bully today, this is a great excuse to give the Water Police more powers.......

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2009/12/28/103665_news.html

finga
29-12-2009, 08:30 AM
They have all the powers they need for those clowns.
And I hope the clowns cop every bit of the existing laws.
They just need to find them. But that should not take long as the rego numbers would have been taken down by witnesses.

mookyandlumpy
29-12-2009, 03:30 PM
the boat that was adrift ,, not being a smart as show deep is it there , wouldn't you have anchored up???? not float around ??

Marlin_Mike
29-12-2009, 03:35 PM
The police issued a stern warning..........gee that'll put the wind up the dickheads..............

thatsakeeper
29-12-2009, 05:45 PM
its everywhere i was anchored fishing amity point/south passage last week and two boats came from the camping ground and passed me in their 6-7 meter inflatables cruising speed less than 8 meters from me...i throw the arms up just got a smile. Its not alcohol but stupidity runs a close second

Razgo-
29-12-2009, 07:42 PM
i was in a hire pontoon on the 24th and can say there were no coppers on the wter at all during the day. they only time they showed up was for camera effect for the news at around 3pm.

there were boats constantly doing 15-30 knots all day in the 6 knot zone. in fact around 10am a boat with 3 coppers on board were doing at least 25-30 knots when they went past me and were dropped off at the water police station all in a 6 knot zone.

whilst the police did issue tickets that day after 3pm they could have booked people all day long in that 6 knot zone from marinas cove to up the nerang river.

I honesty don't think anyone really cares after what i saw that day on the water.

Mister
29-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Stupidity? No more their generation attitude.

sleepygreg
29-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Unfortunately Mister...their attitude transcends generations. I have seen the same stupidity and behaviour demonstrated by idots of all ages. The worrying part is the older they are the bigger the toys and the more dangerous the consequences. And the ones in the big boats seem to think they are also immune to the drink driving laws. Have seen many instances of 35 - 45' boats run aground on reefs at night/hit lit channel markers/rammed jetties/pontoons - and I know damn well the skippers were.....lets just say very much in party mode.

Greg