PDA

View Full Version : The Beast (Hook Line Sinker)

bugman
28-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Anyone been following the adventure of the boys on Hook Line and Sinker building the beast.

I've only managed to catch a few episodes but saw her come out of the fibreglass shop on the weekend - and I've got to say they've done a sweet job.

For those that don't know they got an old bertram 23 and ripped the inboard out of it as well as most to all of the interior fitout. They've put on a pod and have got a new v8 Yamaha 350hp four stroke ready to go.

IMHO I reckon it's going to make one hell of a sweet ride. I'm keen to find out about its performance once put together.

http://www.hooklinesinker.tv/boat.php

Brett

WalFish
28-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Check out the update from "week 13". The big V8 sounds awesome when the boys open her up!!

Top show - nice job on the rebuild of the Beast.

Redbream
28-12-2009, 09:03 PM
If you guys like it that much , then you could buy it;D

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=7871795

bugman
28-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Red,

Thanks for the link. I reckon it's value for money at that price.

Brett

siegfried
29-12-2009, 08:10 AM
With that wieght distribution it would rock and roll like Peter Garrett on crack, That conversion was always optimistic and was more about advertising for Yamaha than building a good boat...and christ those blokes on that show are annoying, crossbread between Rex Hunt and that Kennedy bloke on that other no hoping excuse for a fishing show. The one were all them bawwa are gorn wike wast weeks pay. Happy new year all , i think I better take up smoking again>:(

Vitamin Sea
29-12-2009, 08:20 AM
With that wieght distribution it would rock and roll like Peter Garrett on crack, That conversion was always optimistic and was more about advertising for Yamaha than building a good boat...and christ those blokes on that show are annoying, crossbread between Rex Hunt and that Kennedy bloke on that other no hoping excuse for a fishing show. The one were all them bawwa are gorn wike wast weeks pay. Happy new year all , i think I better take up smoking again>:(

Classic Siegfried;D

Need to get out in THAT boat more, have a good one

bugman
29-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Siegfried,

From what I can remember they actually took more weight out than what they put back on. How do you reckon it will be more rolly.

I've always played with the idea of getting a classic big old hull and completely rebuilding her with all the mod cons.

I don't think they put a big enough fuel tank in her IMHO. You need to have a bigger range than 300km if you're going to fish the shelf for a while.

With the pod she'd punch through waves pretty well. And without the water tanks and fuel tanks on either side of the boat she'd probably less rolly at anchor.

It's hard to tell what the quality of the fitout is like from the photos and it could be a mess but the amount of money it would have cost a laymen to build, motor, flywire controls, electronics, pod, trailer etc etc. she's probably pretty reasonably priced.

Brett

krazyfisher
29-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I would think it would roll more because it has less weight, weight is now higher (outboard) and the weight has been moved all the way to the back.

Spin
29-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Just what ya need a 23 ft boat that is actually more than 30 ft+ long.
Sold.

ozlongboarder
09-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know what the performance and economy numbers were for that boat?

I vaguely remember seeing them on the show but cant remember what the were.