View Full Version : under water led lights

bob f 57
28-12-2009, 11:07 AM
hi all i have added some bling to me boat in the shape of 2x 12 led lights
see what you think
cheers bob

MEGA'bite
28-12-2009, 11:19 AM
bob looks great where did you get them from and at what cost , did u fit them urself. cheers adrian

bob f 57
28-12-2009, 11:27 AM
bob looks great where did you get them from and at what cost , did u fit them urself. cheers adrian

adrian yep fitted them myself got them from ocean led in the usa $799 us, each
the pictures dont really do them justice they just light up everything
cheers bob

finga
28-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Good for squids they are :)

bob f 57
28-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Good for squids they are :)
havent seen any squid yet but its an instant bait fish attractor

dreemon
28-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Pimped bling ! ! !

ozscott
29-12-2009, 09:03 AM
They look good and are good for squid and bait fish I have been told...I have been trying to work out a cheaper way to do it (there is a mob on the Gold Coast that does a very good looking version too but similar cost) at a lesser cost but I dont think they cheap options work.

Cheers

O-3
29-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I have been trying to work out a cheaper way to do it

Check out http://www.coastalnightlights.com/.

There are a lot of guys on thehulltruth who swear by those lights.

Chris the owner gave me really good service when I ordered mine. I haven't got my boat yet so can't say what they look like personally.

ozscott
29-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Mate - they look great - thanks. I could never work out why these lights should be costing $800-$1000 each...its insane.

Cheers~!

jtpython
29-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Thats is some flash Bling
Looks great
JT

lee8sec
29-12-2009, 09:07 PM
What color under water light would be best for squid & bait fish atraction?
I have emailed him for a postage price.
Very afordable lights. Thanks Leigh

legsy11
30-12-2009, 01:33 AM

i dont know for sure about how led's will work but i have used normal waterproof lights with coloured bulbs and light blue and light green were good.
growing up me amd mates used to tie a heap of the biggest glow sticks together and scoop up a heap of fresh squid...
they are the only colours ive tried and was very back yard so i would think that led spotties would be fantastic..

O-3
30-12-2009, 02:26 AM

Lee:

I went through the same dilemma and ended up just getting both colours!

From memory after my research it seems the majority have the opinion that green is better for inshore and blue is better for offshore.

I just got both and plan on having two switches. Blue and green.

I won't have mine up and running until mid Feb but I will report back my opinion on them anyway.
Check out thehulltruth if you want more user opinions mate, there are heaps of guys who have bought them.

NEWBY
30-12-2009, 07:48 AM
I have 3 X 25 globe white lights attached to the Bertram. They were packaged as waterproof. So far, 1 of them got a crack in it and has died but the other 2 are still going strong. I paid 41 a light for them.I will see if I can find em again as the boat is on the hard and needs that broken 1 replacing. Will post if I find them.

sowden1942
30-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi Newby. If your after led underwater lights check out under boat accessories - lighting. There is a place on there that sells led lights totally water proof. Hope this helps. John