PDA

View Full Version : Pitty about poor timing

Scalem
28-12-2009, 08:52 AM
I am keeping a close eye on weather maps, hoping to dunk the boat for a fish - who cares about a little rain right?:-/

But I can't help thinking the poor buggars I saw on the M1 the last few days, surf boards , camper trailers in tow, cars packed with pillows and sleeping bags.. We've been looking forward to some rain, but who ordered it for the Christmas holiday break??>:(

I will no doubt be invited to another wii fit ski slalom challenge again today, which might be a bit of fun for a while with the kids, but if that's all I have to put up with while people are out there perservering with rain soaked bed sheets in tents, I've got it pretty good I reckon.

Anyone called off a trip and come home yet?

Scalem

mowerman
28-12-2009, 09:27 AM
We've been looking forward to some rain, but who ordered it for the Christmas holiday break.

Scalem

Me.....

Money falling out of the sky..

Rod

TimD
28-12-2009, 10:06 AM
It's going to keep raining until Amanda has given birth to our daughter and i can go fishing again :laugh:

cheers tim :smiley:

jtpython
28-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Typical Boss's weather rains while on holidays
JT

PinHead
28-12-2009, 10:33 AM
bugger all rain on the sunshine coast..a couple of early morning showers and then sunshine..going to go for a fish in the river shortly.

Scalem
28-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Oh no,

The wife has a shopping bug now.... We need a new lounge and the shops are open according to their website....
I think it would cost me less money if I went fishing where you are Pinhead!!;D

Scalem

TimD
28-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh no,

The wife has a shopping bug now....

Yeah me too, might head to B.C.F and Charlton's and blow a few hundred on some more 7" Gulp's and Jigheads

PinHead
28-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Scalem..at Twin Waters..came up on Thursday..back home tomorrow..that is my annual leave for another year.

Mac1952
28-12-2009, 06:15 PM
It's going to keep raining until Amanda has given birth to our daughter and i can go fishing again :laugh:

Sure hope the baby is not far off!Hope all goes well.

juju
28-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I decided that the sunggle up with my lady and watch the cricket was a better option...

haggis
29-12-2009, 08:18 PM
better to fish in the rain than not fish at all
cheers jimmy............

HeadBanger
30-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Everytime within the last 2 weeks or so that I've planned to go fishing, it's rained.

The rain doesn't bother me too much (the bloody wind does though), but when you're trying to get your mates and girlfriend into fishing, it really doesn't help.

Luckily the rain wasn't too bad, and seemed to be heaviest on the days that I wasn't fishing.

Cheers,
Kaidon:freak:

timddo
04-01-2010, 10:46 AM
i was one of those buggers who went to straddie for a week and it rained day and nite, nite and day, everyday. I feel sorry for those blokes who slept in a tent.

TIM D - Take amanda for long walks everydays