PDA

View Full Version : Structure Scan is here

Grand_Marlin
25-12-2009, 05:46 PM
At long last the structure scan is being distributed.

I had 10 units turned up yesterday.

If anyone needs one, let me know.

Cheers

Pete

Jabba_
26-12-2009, 06:51 AM
What are they worth Pete, and is the max depth off water they will work at????

cheers
Matt

lee8sec
28-12-2009, 09:10 AM
+1 thanks. Leigh

What are they worth Pete, and is the max depth off water they will work at????

cheers
Matt

Grand_Marlin
28-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Ok, the maximum depth of water is stated at:

Downscan 300ft (100m)
Side Scan (300ft - 150 ft per side (50m)

The quality of the 3D sidescan is going to be less the deeper you go.

I want to try it out in my boat first so as I am giving first hand information, not that of the manufacturer... stay posted later this week.

The recommended retail price is $999 and the expected off the shelf price will be around $899... less for Ausfish Members (PM)

Cheers

Pete

battler1
29-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Northside marine $845 & Trymax Cheaper again.

Joe

+1 thanks. Leigh

Bowser
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Pete,

Would be very interested in the down scan, particularly if it works well in the depths you mentioned. Have you tried it as yet and what were the results?

Grand_Marlin
08-01-2010, 09:41 AM

lumox
08-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Got one early last week in WA where my boats being built. $800.00. paid for and installed

anthony72
08-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Pete,

i installed mine Wednesday night took me about 40 mins and used for the first time yesterday afternoon, photos didn't really work clearly due to amount of rain at Awoonga!

This was an amazing time and I had to keep reminding myself i was there to fish not just look underneath! The unit is better than I thought and will change the way I chase barra and finger mark.

i will head out on the weekend and put a post up- as for cheaper prices you get the service you pay for I guess. Thanks pete for help understanding, using and explaining how to install the unit!

I cannot talk highly enough about your service or the structure scan itself! As you said it took some time playing around with the unit but the clarity was amazing- and I am heading out Sunday looking for rock bars that no one talks about!
If any one is looking or interested I highly recomend talking to Pete- fantastic and I only wish I purchased a bigger unit with a biger screen- the 5X is just a litle small now!

I know there's mixed reports but as someone that uses the unit I am extremely happy!