PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Cape 24 Dec

Reel Blue
25-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Took my son and his two cousins from Toowoomba who had never fished offshore before, trolling off Cape Moreton yesterday. Had a great day with plenty of fish caught and plenty of action. We caught and released six striped tuna and two cobia and kept three dollies and three cobia for a feed. My son also hooked a Black Marlin that we lost a few minutes into the fight. It jumped all over the ocean leaving no doubt to its identity. All were caught on Blacks Snacks lures between 7am and lunch time. There were no bait schools, but the water was a beautiful colour. Hope everyone is having a fantastic Christmas day!!

trueblue
25-12-2009, 11:11 AM
good fish there mate

roughly where were you off the cape?

cheers

Mick

captain rednut
25-12-2009, 05:34 PM
hi we saw you out there and heard you on the radio i think its you that was calling real scream scotty at one stage? my boats called AQUASITION ill keep an eye out for you as we are out most days in the next three weeks! well done good catch for the kids! thanks jim

jtpython
25-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Top Dollies guys
Nice work
JT

Reel Blue
25-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Was fishing North of Hutchies. I know your boat Jim as a mate of mine, Rod, is a member of the Bribie Gamefishing Club and has often spoken of you and your son and the fish you catch. I joined the Club last year and must renew my membership for this year as I have not yet done so. It was me calling Scott on the radio; I met him at the Rainbow Comp last year.

Spot82
25-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Awesome fish mate, sounds like a great day on the water, sure the boys had a ball!!!

Anthony

Fishing_Freddy
26-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Good to see the next generation of fisherman enjoying the sport. The smiles say it all, well done
Ken:beer:

captain rednut
26-12-2009, 07:44 AM
hi martin we are looking at going on tuesday! if the weather holds that is? thats the next possible chance maybe when the ne wind eases????? ill keep an eye out for you. thanks jim