PDA

View Full Version : the wife is up me for using her pots but how long do you boil a soft plastic for

fatboyfishing
24-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi guys I’ve tried to find the old treads on this but I can’t seem to find them .
the wife>:( is up me because i'm spending so much time in planning our trip to awoonga next week but the barra lures in her kicthen pushed her over the edge all my planning must take place in the shed from now on .
I would love some tips and photos on moding my soft plastics.
The main one is boiling them can’t seem to work out how long to do this for?
I would also love some tips on rigging a stinger hook ?

thanks guys

Whitto
24-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Mate....I don't boil my soft plastics......I put a series of holes in the tails with a Gasket punch's of varies sizes........The internal weight's are modified if not completely removed depending on what you want the lure to do in terms of suspending levels.........The photo offered is the only one I have at present and show's just a few ways to do it.......get yourself some helper hooks the one's with the dacron leader about 30/50mm and tie it to the main hook......Hope this helps a bit....Im sure you will get replys from others showing their modifications....Good luck at Awoonga.....Whitto

NAGG
24-12-2009, 10:11 AM
4 mins usually does a slick rig

An easy attachment of a stinger is through the belly using a #4 Yo-zuri hawaiian snap & a #4 Owner STN-66 treble ...... use some shape tube (5mm) & push it over the barb and into the back cavity as security

54477...... also note how I split the belly flaps which enhances the sonic signature ( a little glass rattle can be pushed into the tail as well)

simple modifications which make the slick rig a effective barra lure.8-)

Chris

darylive
26-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Chatrues dip on the tails! and I split the tail. not completely but by sliding a filiting / skinning knife through the tail top to bottom. Like butterflying a bait but leave the tail paddle intact. This will increase the action of the tail.

fatboyfishing
04-01-2010, 08:21 PM
guys only got on the water twice then the wife pulled the pin it was just to wet
it felt like 10inchs of rain the lures went well still no BARRA