PDA

View Full Version : Should the Water Police Get Power To Confiscate Boats in QLD

the baker
23-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Should the QLD Water Police have the power to Confiscate Water craft on QLD water ways and please post your ideas as well but be reasonable with your posts

Marlin_Mike
23-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Hell Yes................

timddo
23-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I was told to slow down when i tried to overtake a cruiser on the weekend. ( A police officer in a jetski) i gave the cruiser a wide birth ) Now does the police consider that hooning???. If i wanted to race my mate to Spot X Now is that considering hooning too.

Boat does a max 35 knots.

tigermullet
23-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I was told to slow down when i tried to overtake a cruiser on the weekend. ( A police officer in a jetski) i gave the cruiser a wide birth ) Now does the police consider that hooning???. If i wanted to race my mate to Spot X Now is that considering hooning too.

That is a very good example of why I voted NO.

Being saintly I am not going to engage in a long diatribe about little Hitlers in uniform riding jet skis.

Bosunsmate
23-12-2009, 10:56 PM
There are times when certain types of skippers need to be reminded that they are not a law unto themselves......this is the way to do it.

BUT in sayng this, it needs to be well researched and the water police given far better resources and manppower levels before it is law.......

Unlike the hoon laws on the roads where its easy to ID the culprit, it is inherently more difficult to do so at sea making it even more difficult to obtain a prosecution.

That story of the jetski copper would be a good example of the reasons for not giving the power but then again how fast was he going to tell you to slow down....

Oh and did he have lights and sirens going...........he haw he haw he haw.......whale...whale...whale......

cheers

DTHCoCo
24-12-2009, 06:20 AM
No way the country is already over policed there already are way too many laws out there. The country is sounding more and more like a dictatorship everyday.

Rapson
24-12-2009, 06:22 AM
So what is the definition of "hooning" on the water?

With a vehicle thats pretty easy, burning rubber, speeding etc but on water?

And if a coppa is goning to charge and seize a boat they know it has to stand up in court before a magistrate.

I say give them the power. There are thousands of smart people on the water and it only takes one idiot to spoil it for everyone else. This will enable them to remove the idiots from the water.

maztez
24-12-2009, 07:06 AM
I voted ...yes ...my reason being that if your not doing the wrong thing , your not going to get into strife ... the same applies on the road ... I also reckon that there should be zero tollerance regarding drinking and driving ...the same as truck license conditions ...and I am not a teetotaler ..far from it I just refuse to drive even after one drink ..

robothefisho
24-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Why don't we just make it illegal to have fun and smile to. Everyone should work 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Cycle everywhere and grow their own food. If I cruise to moreton at 40 knots is that hooning because it's faster then most people? Is jumping waves on coastal bars hooning aswell? If your confident in handling a boat how your driving it and not in close proximity to others, who cares?

Marlin_Mike
24-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Why don't we just make it illegal to have fun and smile to. Everyone should work 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Cycle everywhere and grow their own food. If I cruise to moreton at 40 knots is that hooning because it's faster then most people? Is jumping waves on coastal bars hooning aswell? If your confident in handling a boat how your driving it and not in close proximity to others, who cares?

Settle petal....its aimed at dickheads like yahoo jet skiers, boaties who scream through at high speed near anchored vessels etc not looking at the 6 knots no wash etc etc etc. the worst being jet dickhe....., sorry i mean jetskiers, screaming away from ramps at a million knowes an hpour with toptal desregard for othersd. and dont say it doesnt happen, it happens.So if you are a law abiding boatie why worry, you wont be affected will you?

Mike

robothefisho
24-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't have a problem with enforcing 6 knots in a harbour personally I think it should be 4 knots. I'm not defending anyone who acts like a tool around ramps, anchored boats, swimmers etc. However introducing hoon laws for the water is a whole can of worms best left at the back of the shelf. Fines already exist for stupid behaviour. Hoon laws may affect me depending on what was enforced. The thing is everyone thinks it won't affect them, until they get booked...

tigermullet
24-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't have a problem with enforcing 6 knots in a harbour personally I think it should be 4 knots. I'm not defending anyone who acts like a tool around ramps, anchored boats, swimmers etc. However introducing hoon laws for the water is a whole can of worms best left at the back of the shelf. Fines already exist for stupid behaviour. Hoon laws may affect me depending on what was enforced. The thing is everyone thinks it won't affect them, until they get booked...

Precisely. Hoon law for boats is not needed when there is sufficient regulation already in place to inhibit the idiots IF the current rules were enforced.

mookyandlumpy
24-12-2009, 11:27 AM
i voted yes their time where their boats should be confiscated,,,,,,i 100% belive drink drivers should have their car or boat Confiscated
the law is the law if you dont break it you have nothing to worry about .

The thing is everyone thinks it won't affect them, until they get booked...

not having a go at you but i really hate this way of thinking ,,, boo hoo i broke the law and got fined ,you did it you got caught ,simple dont do it ...

robothefisho
24-12-2009, 12:54 PM
i voted yes their time where their boats should be confiscated,,,,,,i 100% belive drink drivers should have their car or boat Confiscated

not having a go at you but i really hate this way of thinking ,,, boo hoo i broke the law and got fined ,you did it you got caught ,simple dont do it ...

I'm not the type of person to whinge if i got caught being a tool. However if I was out jumping waves say out the back of South Passage in my race boat with a few other boats no where near shore or other boats and got my boat confiscated I would be annoyed. I don't have any qualms with booking people who are endangering others, however giving these powers to police who can use them at their discretion however they see fit could cause problems. The biggest causes of accidents are always inattention and inability. Educate people how to control a vessel in a safe manner during a proper licencing and training system and they would probably develop a respect for others and alter their behaviour much more then any hoon laws would have an effect on them.

FNQCairns
24-12-2009, 01:29 PM

Couldn't help myself.....but what country do you live in? have you watched the news even lately?

I understand it's popular etc but seriously did you know that in china they have laws? and in any other multiples of other country's too. People there do have something to worry about...just as we do....last bloke I heard of just spent a decade or more in jail for a crime he didnt comit...and thats at a level of Australian law that has all sorts of checks and balances, this law is nothing higher than a regulation and as such has next to no mechanism for any individual charged to fight against the imperative within - guilt before innocence at any cost.

We have the society we do today not because of laws surpassed but because of laws passed.

When good people do nothing.

cheers fnq

finga
24-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I voted yes because it would be good to have that penalty for the wankers who really should not have a boat.....but what's the point.
They do not enforce the laws they have now.

The only way speed will be enforced regularly is when they get a waterproof speed camera and then they'll be hidden everywhere.

Policing is not about policing anymore. It's about revenue raising.

b8nburlee
24-12-2009, 03:31 PM
we have the society we do today because of the idiots that bring the heat down on everyone!

b8nburlee
24-12-2009, 03:32 PM
we have the society we do today, because of the extreme idiots that bring the heat down on everyone!

Surething
24-12-2009, 09:36 PM

As I understood it, the limit was 40 knots. Do you think the copper on the jet ski may have felt the overtaking of the cruiser at speed not a good idea from where he was sitting, regardless of whether it felt safe at the time.

If you were racing your mate, but not being an absolute dick, and doing a speed that suited the conditions etc - there would be no problem.

There are plenty of boaties that have no regard for anyone else, and this is who this law would be aimed at.

Dare I say this, it seems the bigger the boat, the less the law applies to you, especially when it comes to speed and wash...

ST

Castaway
24-12-2009, 10:30 PM
As has been said before, do nothing wrong and you've got nothing to worry about. The only people who fear the police or misuse of power usually have good reason to fear them and generally the ones I don't want boating around me because they will surely jeopardise my safety. Keep it simple and don't come to their attention in the first place or if it is a random check make sure everything is 'above board' if you pardon the punn. If the water police or fisheries are cranky it probably had something to do with YOUR attitude (be honest - what did you REALLY say to them or how did you REALLY say it?) They don't go around funding their christmas party from revenue or the sale of your confiscated boat on e-bay (that's a real grandpa government conspiricy theory). If I got a fine or had my boat confiscated I would be too embarassed to share my story with anyone.

stinky-stabi
25-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Should the QLD Water Police have the power to Confiscate Water craft on QLD water ways and please post your ideas as well but be reasonable with your posts

we are looking down the barrell of communism,,,, so many laws to keep us leashed and at there demise......there seems to be laws for everything now,,,wont be long before you can get ten years for droppn your gutz in public......

Skusto
25-12-2009, 06:27 PM
i voted yes to me the only time the speeding would be enforced is when there is a speed limit as in the 6knt zones? correct me if wrong but once you are out of these zones then it is open speed limits? it would be the wankers goin flat chat in the 6knt zone?

would have to see what the legeslation would be for the right to confiscate boats before we could really stipulate(sp?) weather it would be good or bad?

robothefisho
25-12-2009, 07:19 PM
correct me if wrong but once you are out of these zones then it is open speed limits?

40 Knots anywhere else, except where signed lower.

Mister
25-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Max 40 knots in ALL smooth waters and dams.

This then includes the entire southern section of Moreton bay south from a line between Cleveland Pt to Amity all the way to the Goldcoast

Aunty Jack
25-12-2009, 09:21 PM
If your hooning around the boat ramp or anchored boats or swimmers there should be
1st cop a fine,
2nd time make it a grand,
3 its gone.
As for over taking a cruiser if its SAFE to do so do it.
If its was a street race they would want both to pull over not just the one.
So if they get to confiscate a boat would they go for a 10k jet ski or a 250k cruiser. Someone who may not be able to aford a team of lawers, or the bloke who may well be a lawer himself.
It come down to SAFTY FIRST SECOND AND THIRD.
How many of you have done a burn out opened the throtle to get pass another car truck or boat.
I know i have and I dare say it, most people have at least once.
So dont bend over and take up the the A""
Stand up and be counted for our grand perants and parants fort for our RIGHTS.
Why shouldn't we.
Aussie Born and Bread.

tigermullet
26-12-2009, 07:23 AM
"As has been said before, do nothing wrong and you've got nothing to worry about. The only people who fear the police or misuse of power usually have good reason to fear them..."

Very true Castaway. The people who feared the misuse of power were the ones who high tailed it out of Germany before the Nazis got too firm a grip.

Freedom isn't lost in one fell swoop. It's eroded little by little, until one day instead of being able to do anything unless specifically prohibited by law or regulation, citizens can only do those things which are permitted by government or their dictator.

finga
26-12-2009, 08:12 AM
"As has been said before, do nothing wrong and you've got nothing to worry about. The only people who fear the police or misuse of power usually have good reason to fear them..."

Very true Castaway. The people who feared the misuse of power were the ones who high tailed it out of Germany before the Nazis got too firm a grip.

Freedom isn't lost in one fell swoop. It's eroded little by little, until one day instead of being able to do anything unless specifically prohibited by law or regulation, citizens can only do those things which are permitted by government or their dictator.
The problem we have now is that laws are made to cater for the lowest common denominator.
ie the wobblehead who sees nothing wrong, or stupid, or dangerous in having people ride on the gunnels at planing speeds as seen on the news the other night.
ie the people who say..."why can't I do that?? There's no law against it"
ie the people who do something absolutely stupid and get hurt and then say well nobody talk me I couldn't do it. Who can I sue??

How many road deaths (per capita) were there when there was no speed limit on the open road compared to now??
People had to think then. People (generally) do not think now. Someone has to tell them and a sign has to be put up.

They should be making laws for people to be responsible for their own actions instead of laws that just make it harder for those of us who have a bit of a think before doing something stupid.
A good example happened out at Stanthorpe a few weeks ago.
Two kids nearly died when they broke into a controlled atmosphere coolroom.
They walked into some poor buggers property, through a chainwire fence, past warning signs and broke into a locked coolroom and the farmer is in trouble. The parents want to sue him.
What were the parents doing not knowing what their kids were up to?
What were the kids doing breaking into somebody elses property?
But no...the poor bloke trying to do the right thing and make a go of things gets hammered and the scumbags get sympathy, and usually money, out of it

tigermullet
26-12-2009, 08:35 AM
A fair point Finga. There will always be candidates for Darwin Awards - regulation, restricting the rest of us, will never prevent a certain percentage of the population from engaging in practices leading to the presentation of the award. Nor will regulation protect the rest of us if we happen to be in the way of their foolish and desperate acts to achieve extinction.

levinge
26-12-2009, 08:50 AM
A fair point Finga. There will always be candidates for Darwin Awards - regulation, restricting the rest of us, will never prevent a certain percentage of the population from engaging in practices leading to the presentation of the award. Nor will regulation protect the rest of us if we happen to be in the way of their foolish and desperate acts to achieve extinction.

Exactly - cull the numpty's off the water and make it safer for everyone else...

I would rather see them taken off the water, then the numpty's taking someone else off the water through stupidity....

tigermullet
26-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Perhaps I should have better explained my point of view. I am against the suggested regulation or law because, no matter the law, there will always be another idiot to take the place of those removed. Removal by loss of life or regulation doesn't matter so much as freedom (as much as can be preserved in our society) is more important to me.

There are more than six billion of us on the planet right now and as a species, we really can afford to lose a few. At times, innocents will be taken out by idiots but that should, in my opinion, be put down to bad luck and not used as an excuse to try to cover every stupid act by regulation.

I also know that I could be one of the 'innocents' but am able to look at it with some detachment and humour. Just about every time down at the Pin I can yell out to companions, visitors or passengers, "Duck! here comes another contender for a Darwin award"

The chances are that it will not happen. There are enough other boats, shallow banks, rogue waves, bars etc., to lower the odds of a headlong dash to demise affecting me.

levinge
26-12-2009, 09:29 AM
So what your saying is we should all sit in a circle and sing Cum Buy-ar (spelling) and wait for the truck to run us over....

No thanks, never hugged a tree and meditated to a mantra, but I firmly believe in curbing the right of idiots to operate in any enviroment, be it, in the office, on the road or on the water.

Freedom - it comes at a price and sometimes that price is just too high a price for some to pay (the Innocent).

I prefer the fact that someone like the water police has my and my families back, when we hit the water...

ashh
26-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I voted no.

There are enough laws on the water for it to be safe for everyone as it is.

The problem is, that there aren't enough officers on the water to enforce those laws.

tigermullet
26-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Nope - new age stuff is not for me. All the laws in the world won't stop idiots. They are no longer culled by lions, tigers, bears etc. Their numbers are growing. And all the while they breed and vote. That's the scary part unless the long range view is taken,along with watchful awareness coupled with a sense of detachment and humour.

Reading the annual Darwin awards is an entertaining place to start and gives a sense that the end of stupidity will never come. The best that can be hoped for is the idiots will remove themselves from the gene pool before they have a chance to breed.;D

Sorry for all the posts but Boxing day is very boring for a non-shopper confined to home because of family pressure to conform with Christmas rubbish without being too grumpy.

bigjimg
26-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I voted no.We are surrounded make no mistake by idiots, the laws are there what we need is for them to be enforced.All the rules for the handling and operation of vessels are published in the small ships manual.It would be in the best interest of all skippers to have one for reference and know the rules because even some water police are fallible to the correct rules.Here is a handy link.www.msq.qld.gov.au/Waterways.aspx and click on the speed limits bit.Always believe there is some fool about to spoil your day and keep a good lookout.Stay safe on the water.Jim

Xahn1960
26-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Definately NOT !!!! If they police the rules we allready have properly then there is no need for it.

Territorian
26-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I voted yes, only because there are dickheads on the water as well as on the roads.
If the act that is committed is a major dumb prick action, then maybe, the boat should be seized or ordered off the water in the very least.
We also should take a leaf out of the NT's rules, if caught with undersized, illegal, out of season marine life, or illegal catching techniques were used i:e netting a river/creek/:rifle:. Everything associated with that activity is seized and auctioned.
Such as: Boat, trailer, acessories, car and of course the net. That would be a learning experience for anyone.
But normal everyday people who don't think like dickheads will be safe from those extremes.

FrogBat
26-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I voted yes, only because there are dickheads on the water as well as on the roads.
If the act that is committed is a major dumb prick action, then maybe, the boat should be seized or ordered off the water in the very least.
We also should take a leaf out of the NT's rules, if caught with undersized, illegal, out of season marine life, or illegal catching techniques were used i:e netting a river/creek/:rifle:. Everything associated with that activity is seized and auctioned.
Such as: Boat, trailer, acessories, car and of course the net. That would be a learning experience for anyone.
But normal everyday people who don't think like dickheads will be safe from those extremes.
In the Northern Territory the Darwin selection process mentioned earlier works does it not?
If you do something stupid and fall out you get eaten. End of problem.
A shame though if you did not do something stupid.

TheRealAndy
27-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Perhaps I should have better explained my point of view. I am against the suggested regulation or law because, no matter the law, there will always be another idiot to take the place of those removed. Removal by loss of life or regulation doesn't matter so much as freedom (as much as can be preserved in our society) is more important to me.

There are more than six billion of us on the planet right now and as a species, we really can afford to lose a few. At times, innocents will be taken out by idiots but that should, in my opinion, be put down to bad luck and not used as an excuse to try to cover every stupid act by regulation.

I also know that I could be one of the 'innocents' but am able to look at it with some detachment and humour. Just about every time down at the Pin I can yell out to companions, visitors or passengers, "Duck! here comes another contender for a Darwin award"

The chances are that it will not happen. There are enough other boats, shallow banks, rogue waves, bars etc., to lower the odds of a headlong dash to demise affecting me.

Dont know if you have kids or a wife/girlfriend, even a brother, etc. How would you feel if they were taken out by an idiot? Think about it seriously for a few minutes.

When I was younger (16), I had a mate (15), drunk and in a stolen car. Had a head on, killed himself. He took out an innocent family, could have been yours. I think now, not for my own sake, but for the sake of your loved ones. The police are out there to protect your family and freinds from these idiots. 20 years on, i know I learned a valuable lesson from my mate getting killed, I wish someone had locked him up. That other family would still be alive...

Owen
27-12-2009, 07:15 AM
I voted no.
Any government that does not enforce the laws currently in place has no right to ask for more powers.
Even if they were given the power to confiscate water craft.. What is the point?
Before you can confiscate them you have to apprehend the offender in the act.
All too often governments enact laws knowing full well they will do not work, either as a feel good measure, or as a prelude to want they really wanted but weren't game to ask the voters for straight up.

Something like..
"We're going to restrict recreational fishing in certain area's to save the fish stocks, but we need to continue with commercial fishing in those areas"

A couple of years later....

"We tried restricting recreational fishing to increase fish stocks and it didn't work, so now we're going to ban it!"

So today it's confiscation without adequate resources to enforce ANY laws with effect.
Will tomorrow be...
"We tried regulating speedboats to protect the innocent and it didn't work, so now we're going to ban them"

Far fetched?

Probably. Guess I'll go play with my crackers.

tigermullet
27-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks Owen. Owen has also answered Andy's question to me. But, yes I would feel bad (and probably never recover) if a family member was killed or injured by an idiot in a boat but more laws do not equal more protection.

There is no way of legislating and protecting against stupidity. Even the Pope is not immune. At Christmas a woman wakes up wondering what to do with her day and thinks, " I know! I'll head off to mass and crash tackle the Pope. Can't miss. I'll get beaten up by a bunch of Cardinals wielding metal staffs and heavy crosses but that oughta drive out the devils in me. Sounds like a plan"

Abdul, sitting under a date palm, wonders what he is going to do for kicks. Blowing up a plane might be the go. But how? "I know! I'll head off to Yemen, buy some crushed up match heads, get on a plane to America and set fire to my leg. That'll work."

Italy needs a new law prohibiting the crash tackling of Popes and the USA should declare it illegal to set fire to your legs together with confiscation of artificial legs if used in the act.;D

tigermullet
27-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Off topic in a way. I should not have said anything about the USA declaring it illegal to set fire to your legs. Minutes after posting the joke I discovered they haven't gone quite that far but because Abdul set his leg on fire on the approach to land - passengers must remain in their seats during the last hour of flight. No exceptions - not even if a toilet is needed.

We live in a mad, mad world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091226/ap_on_bi_ge/airline_security

finga
27-12-2009, 08:38 AM
So we should be making laws to say that new laws cannot be made until the laws we have now are enforced.

I'll go along with that.
Sounds fair enough to me :)

FNQCairns
27-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Off topic in a way. I should not have said anything about the USA declaring it illegal to set fire to your legs. Minutes after posting the joke I discovered they haven't gone quite that far but because Abdul set his leg on fire on the approach to land - passengers must remain in their seats during the last hour of flight. No exceptions - not even if a toilet is needed.

We live in a mad, mad world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091226/ap_on_bi_ge/airline_security

Seriously! I am trying to draw a parallel to that law elsewhere. I guess when under arrest...wonder then how long for the schizoid nature of our society here to consider this worthy? they will also need a no piddling in your seat law now .....with full criminal code implications;D ;D and treatment obviously....after all piddle and fly by wire, surely the two of those shouldn't never meet :o we today are such ultra sophisticates we deserve all we are getting along each dumbed down line we explore.

Now for just the small extra sum of $15 per ticket you along with your family can be hooked up to an in seat evacuator (you get to keep free the special pants), save time, thought, effort and the potential fright of a criminal record not to mention the bruises and sprains from the mandatory throw down and cuff marks upon landing...please enjoy the flight8-)

cheers fnq

tigermullet
27-12-2009, 10:19 AM
It won't be long now before we have a "Boat Insecurity Syndrome".

"Transport Insecurity Syndrome" has now reared its head. I kid you not - see link.

http://www.examiner.com/x-10438-Human-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d16-Aircrew-whistleblowers-warning-2nd-911-urge-public-action (http://www.examiner.com/x-10438-Human-Rights-Examiner%7Ey2009m12d16-Aircrew-whistleblowers-warning-2nd-911-urge-public-action)

To be closely followed by, "Worship Insecurity Syndrome" brought on by seeing the Pope or your local parish priest crash tackled by one of the congregation.

Where did that Peace on Earth; Goodwill to men go? Same place as common sense, I suspect. Both left the building just like Elvis all those years ago.:)

finga
27-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Where did that Peace on Earth; Goodwill to men go? Same place as common sense, I suspect. Both left the building just like Elvis all those years ago.:)
Elvis has left the building??
Mate, he's always in a diner in Pico Mundo in the States.
I just read a book all about him been there.
Something about his not wanting to go to 'the other side' because of what his mom would say about his lifestyle before the big faint.

tigermullet
27-12-2009, 03:10 PM
A diner in Pico Mundo?? Last I heard, he and Michael Jackson we co-managing a 711 store in Newcastle.

ashh
27-12-2009, 05:01 PM
100 people have voted, yet less than half of those have given a reason why.
Your vote is worthless without an explanation....

finga
27-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Don't know about that.
People did not have to say why they voted Anna in last elections did they?
If they did it might have made them think a bit about it I reckon.

The vote pretty well says 3 times more people want boating hoon's boats taken from them then people are happy to have the hoons KEEPING their boats.

ashh
27-12-2009, 06:46 PM
wow you are good at stating the obvious.

finga
27-12-2009, 07:55 PM

Don't know about that.
People did not have to say why they voted Anna in last elections did they?
If they did it might have made them think a bit about it I reckon.

The vote pretty well says 3 times more people want boating hoon's boats taken from them then people are happy to have the hoons KEEPING their boats.

wow you are good at stating the obvious.

Which bit was obvious?
The fact I don't know why peoples votes should not be counted because they have not explained themselves or the fact that people who voted for Anna did not have to explain themselves or if the people who did vote for Anna might have thought about it a bit more if they had to explain themselves or that 3 times more people would like hoon's boats taken off them then the number of people would not like hoon's boats taken off them?

Well those that know me realise I'm a few sheep short of the top paddock and because of this things have to be told, or explained, to me in very simplistic terms.
I tend to say things the same way. That is in very simplistic terms whilst stating the obvious.
So for stating the obvious I'm sorry.

But seeing I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed can it be please explained to me why a persons vote should not be counted simply because they have not explained why?

I'm also sorry for not stating why I voted yes.

Marlin_Mike
27-12-2009, 08:02 PM
ditto scotty.......i voted and why i voted the way i did is none of your business ashh............. or anyone's business but mine. so there

Mike

PS: Scotty, you arent a coupla sheep short in the paddock, maybe half a sausage sanga short of a picnic??? LOL....like me its called old bloody age matey..... :):):)

ashh
28-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Which bit was obvious?

I'm a few sheep short of the top paddock

no comment

ditto scotty.......i voted and why i voted the way i did is none of your business ashh............. or anyone's business but mine. so there

lmao

finga
28-12-2009, 06:29 AM
Maybe it is helpful to state the obvious because at them moment I have not got a clue....or is it another sheep just got through the fence.

TheRealAndy
28-12-2009, 10:02 AM
People make mistakes once, it happens. In Queensland you can get your car confiscated for hooning. 3 strikes your car is gone for good I think. This law could be applied equally to boating. I am thinking people who reapeatedly do things like driving jet-ski's near swimmers, or speed in the same harbour. IE, 3 fines for speeding near tangalooma wrecks, they take your boat. For a start, anyone speeding there in the first place should be drowned, 3 times I think its only fair they take your boat. Same goes for jetski's operating near swimmers. IF you make the mistake once, you dont have anything to worry about except a fine.

If you have any doubts about what I am saying go spend a year working for your local VMR or Coastguard. It may change you attidude toward certain people.

Lovey80
28-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I voted undecided..... While I certainly like the idea of these jet skiers losing their craft for being the idiots that a lot of them are ( i know thats a generalisation but there is just too many for it to be coincidence). I am always skeptical about giving the authorities more powers than they already have while we have the political climate that we currently have. It seems our rights and freedoms are being eroded away bit by bit day by day and giving them another reason to crack down on something that hurts no body (under the guise of keeping the public safe from the actual hoons) we that do the right thing will see our way of life curbed also......... I say this because I don't have faith in the majority of coppers to use their discretion where it is needed and give people a fair go. The water police is a "jobs for the boys" job within the police force and coppers will stab each other in the back to get in....... what will they do to keep it?

Cheers

Chris