PDA

View Full Version : Hards/overnighter

indy
22-12-2009, 05:20 PM
G'day

Went for a run up to the hards for the first time in my boat monday morning leaving home at 5.30 am for a great run up. Had four on board this trip which i dont do often but had guy's that where keen as, as they where all on holidays.

When we arrived up there we caught fish for much of the day thinking the sun down would really fire but it didn't go off all that much. We had a better bight in the morning topping up our snapper limit and hung out until about 7 going to another spot looking for pearlies. No such luck but we did have about thirty dollies under the boat at one stage with some massive bulls but they where very shy, with us only getting the one.

Had a big scare monday night with blandy yelling at me in the middle of the night when i woke up there was a trawler about twenty metres from us with his lights lighting up my whole boat. Should have got his no.s and reported him but at the time i was still checking my undies from the near miss.

Any way conditions where perfect and fishing was pretty good also, weird season this one with the snapper still around and all, but not much in the winter time, i cant work it out but not complaining

cheers pete...

skipalong
22-12-2009, 05:28 PM
nice work pete, how was the run? did the trailer end up working sweet?

coastrunner
22-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Well done Pete,Have a good xmas...

lethal098
22-12-2009, 06:41 PM
top stuff Pete, there is some good quality there. Cheers Lee

Kdog
22-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Gday indy,
Mate,how many beers did it take to fillet that lot!! I`d be blind by the time I finished.
Pete, that a great mixed bag you guys got,well done,just what you before Xmas hey.
Oh, before I forget, hows the undies Mate.:D

Dean1
22-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Nice haul there mate, definatly looking like things are on the mend. Always a good trip to the hards it will become your'e 2nd home now. Good to see a decent report from out there i might have to dust off the KC. Thanks for the report.

Deano..

outsiderskip
23-12-2009, 03:52 AM
nice lot off colour there pete
was nice to be on the water again
that perlie mark get a few big snapper at times when fish are there
pete
merry xmass

indy
23-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Justin

Trailer towed great very happy with it, was a little hard getting it off the trailer but i didn't have it in the water all that far probably sink it a little more next time.
The run picked up a little tuesday morning but we where able to still get down with a ten ball no worry's.

Kerrod mate i don't usually fillet the fish i leave that to the other guy's, i just wash the boat, like to no its washed properly you no how it is, but they did by a carton and there's one six pack left in the fridge lol and i only had the one. Yeah the last check on the undies all was good only just but geez at the time i thought i was a container ship had the shakes and all.

Have a good one Bill don't work to hard these next couple of days merry christmas to you both.

Pete that ground did look really good will have to give it a early morning hit some time.

Dean it is nice looking ground up there just a long way to go. How long has it been since you got out?

dayoo
23-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Indy, nice catch mate. The Hards always fishes best for snapper in the summer months but a good sounder is essential to locate them.

Went out there yesterday on "Alexander" and will be posting a report later today when I finish filleting all the fish;D

Cheers
Barry

TCSunCoast
23-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Nice catch, well done.

I have thought bout one of those $2500 Furuno black and white radars so I could set the radius alarm of a night. Mind you $2500 buys alot of undies!

Tony

wakakiwi
31-12-2009, 09:22 AM
by the same token $2500 is not a lot of damage to a boat either

nickstock
01-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Who is eating the Fuisiler????????????????????????????????

indy
01-01-2010, 11:41 AM
nickstock

Yeah i dont no who ended up with it as i dont fillet the fish i just clean the boat my mate wanted to keep it so i said righto i have never eaten one before are they any good chewing?

Normally i would threw that sort of fish back but anyway

vertico
01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
good bait :P

goona
02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Hey Pete, Give us a yell next time you are going and I will make the effort with a crew. The trick with the dolli's is to scale down the line size and hide your hook inside a 1/2 pillie. Also cast away from the boat a bit as they do become shy. We have scaled down to 2 kg before just to get a strike. Interesting stuff hen you hook up though.

Goona