PDA

View Full Version : Man I going to threaten to sell the Boat!!

Wax_head
21-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Prep the boat, hit the rack and woke to a pretty good morning. Off to servo for fuel and up the road to Mooloolah river to go for fish. Got to ramp and I've slept in by looking at all the trailers parked already. Headed out the mouth and nice conditions so original plan to troll around the headland got tossed and off to the neerings. Got out to the neerings and there were about 8 boats.

No birds working so had a bottom bash. Got a nice Hussar. Caught a few undersize cod, red emperor and got smashed by a Bronze Whaler shark. No Macs. Went for a troll around the other boats to see if the macs were schooled up but nothing around.

The wind picked up pretty early and made conditions really sloppy with the dreaded half meter chop. It was hard going even in the Quintrex.

Well no macs in my boat yet, anyone been getting a few. Days like today are sent to test us. I wonder how many boats go for sale when the fishing is this bad.

Till the next round.

Signing off: Bicko

Angla
21-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Some days I wouldn't do that well and then have to sit out a storm and tempest. Lightning all around and very heavy rain can test your spirits. You'll be tested some day and then you will treasure the poorer days.

Cheer until then
Chris

levinge
22-12-2009, 07:42 AM
I'll take that half metre any day matey. Ours is regularly 1.2 to 1.5 metres.

.5m is considered flat up here..

Willow1
26-12-2009, 12:19 PM
AHHHHHHH those days...gotta take the good with the bad. all good and we would be too spoilt;D Wouldn't mind having those half meter chops up here as I usually reckon its good if I see a 0.9 to 1 meter chop out in the bay.