PDA

View Full Version : Timely Warning police blitz

robersl
21-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Hi All
There will not just be a police blitz on the roads to our local dams this holiday season but i was reading in the paper this morning that the boys in blue will be doing checks on the freshwater impoundments this year as well due to higher water levels ect in somerset,nth pine and wivenhoe =more people but i would not rule out a visit to the barra dams as well

shane

Dick Pasfield
21-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Good to see

gr hilly
21-12-2009, 07:23 PM
i agree its good to see more police
glynn

BR65
21-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Bring it on mate, and check lights, saftey gear, current SIPS as well please

gav73
24-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Good to see up our way you ask anyone at the ramp if they have a Impoundment licence and they say , dont need one they never check.I say bring it on and don't just give them the chance to purchase one fine them on the spot.We are paying for those fish to be stocked in that dam so why should some red neck get a free ride.
Cheers Gav

Whitto
24-12-2009, 10:19 AM
The mate was at Somerset last week and was checked by Fisheries......He showed them his SIPS and was told it was out of date, can't be the mate said I've just renewed it, sure enough it was out of date, what he had done was threw out the new one and kept the old one ( Can happen)......Fisheries told him he couldn't go fishing till he gets one.....Off to Somerset and another 30+ dollars later he's was up up and away........Good to see they are about, The Police were out and about as well........Good stuff.........Incidently he did well with the Bass but could only nail them Trolling as the Bass are spread out.....there's always one way or another to skin a cat.

flatzie
24-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Yes Shane its the silly sason, they would have a field day up around Donnybrook if our last trip was anything to go by. People fishing in the green zone, two boats of them. Amazing!
I was out last yr between Christmas and New Year and it was mayhem! People zig zagging all over.
Happy Christmas mate!
Flatzie