PDA

View Full Version : lewis typhoon or tournament 1900 centre consol

jackextracter
20-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Getting a new boat soon was looking at a lewis typhoon(old stealth mold) with a 150 h.o etec or was thinking of getting a new torunament 1900 centre consol with same engine but build a higher cast deck and drop back the consol 2 feet at front, i can do more offshore work in this boat but will not be able to do as much creek work which isnt much of a loss, so anyone here whos got anything to say about the two boats would be a big help.

BoatMad
11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey,

Do your self a favour and take the 1900 cc for a run. I had a chance to go for a quick spin in one when they were first released and holy @#$% it went well. We were two up with a full tank of fuel and a 115 ETEC on it and mate I was impressed. 43mph top end, on the plane in a boat length and we went out through the sea way with a big swell and about 15-20 knots. One of the best boats I have ever been in. Not suitable for me though as I need to keep the kids dry. I am looking at a 1900 Bluewater at the moment, just gotta convince the minister of finance and war.

Cheers

STUIE63
11-03-2010, 04:31 PM
have a look at the galeforces

Franco
11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Jackextracter If you're going to also get a small tinny for estuary work go the tournament

If you're going to do everything in one boat I'd go the typhoon
Mate of mine has the typhoon and seems to be able to do a reasonable amount of inshore work in fair conditions as well as estuarywork. From a safety point of view, I don't think having the tournament will allow you to much more offshore work than the typhoon, although it will likely be much more comfortable.

Giving up estuary stuff to mainly do offshore stuff doesn't make sense to me - they go hand in hand.

four_button_arnie
11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
mate take the typhoon for a burn, bloody awesome...im biased though i have a Southwind Stealth. Great allrounder, great for the dams, great for the islands, great for everything really.

The typhoon can handle some seriously horrible weather.....and large waves....oh and lots of wind......great boat.

Ive got a yammie 4stroke 100hp on it and it goes like a skinned cat so the 150....wow

Josh
________
WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)