PDA

View Full Version : noosa mack tuna

bballfisho
20-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Went out off noosa today chasing the mackeral that have supposedly been around, trolled most of the morning at sunshine and managed one baby tuna on a little slug but didnt see any mackies caught by the 10 or so boats out there. fishing the bottom for a while for the pickers and crap fish and ended up going home on a glassed off sea, got a few more baby tuna just outside the bar which was a bit of a conselation but fish nevertheless...all up a pretty slow day and the tuna werent worth pics

howd everyone else go out there? much luck? I saw skipalong near the bar but no-one else i recognised but im sure there were plenty of ausfishers out there

connor

Pistol_P
20-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah I heard there were Mackeral around today...??

But no 100% confirmed reports yet...?...Skipalong will know.

Pete

ffejsmada
20-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I saw a bloke at the ramp today, he pulled a spottie out of the esky.

Of the few boats I saw at the ramp though, the majority said it was pretty quiet.

Skipalong come in about 10.30 or so.

seapup
20-12-2009, 08:22 PM
The pro boys said they went quiet today compared to last week. That's fishin!

GPB
20-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I never tuned a reel out of Mooloolaba :(, a Pro mate fishing the same area snagged a Schooly earlier in the morning, then dropped a bottom bait down for a 'Parrot' for his dinner, he scored eleven Spaniards last Sunday and Monday in the 5-7 kg size, so they were definitely off the bite.

Getout
21-12-2009, 06:31 AM
I headed out after lunch. Glamour conditions. Tried a bit of soft placcying on the bottom, to no avail and ended up towing some lures around Chardons. Dropped a little black marlin after it flicked the Rapala XRap off on the third jump. Lucky I guess, cause it was attached to a Penn Spinfisher which would have got spooled anyway!
Why can't the weather be like that more often??

tiges
21-12-2009, 06:56 AM
I surfed in the morning at Sunshine and the water was real cold, compared to the lukewarm stuff thats been around the past few weeks. Could be why the macks were scarce. Might try and get out tues morn, if you're interested Benny.

skipalong
21-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Yerh there are mackerel up there both spotties and spaniards

justin

Awesome
21-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I went off Mooloolaba this morning for a run out to the Inner Neerings and Old woman Island. Didn't see any birds working and water temp was 23.5C

Only fish caught was a Trevor and that was on the bait jig...........

bballfisho
22-12-2009, 05:43 PM
skipalong you've got those fish worked out!! are u getting any on lures (bibless or bibbed) or exclusively on baits? also are you using downriggers?

am pretty novice when it comes to mackeral fishing but am hoping to get a few around sunshine and closer...435 tinny limits the range a bit

sounds prety quiet for most blokes though...at least the weather was kind for a change

skipalong
22-12-2009, 07:56 PM
mate dont own lures, personaly i think there shit;D no offence intended:P , dead baits and live baits only way to go, if you want to come for a run next week if your there give us a yell ill show ya round out there if you want8-) saturday/sunday weater looks the goods with some SE winds predicted at this stage.

justin

aussie_stu
23-12-2009, 09:54 AM
skipalong - how'd you go today? saw you pulling out at the ferry, looked pretty busy at little halls

Pistol_P
23-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I heard ya on the radio skip,

I was out with Adrian today......Mackeral (spotties) were no where to be seen today..?....Mack tuna by the million out there.

I did manage to drop a very nice dollie though.

Pete

skipalong
23-12-2009, 03:03 PM
yerh there still out there but after that boat traffic yesterday was alot slower thats for sure!:P need another SE to bring them back to the surface, they are deep if you get my drift;D

justin

skipalong
23-12-2009, 03:06 PM
yerh pete they are still there just deeper after all the traffic the bay saw yesterday, get the dolly wide of the headland?, when i was coming back fom DI on sunday i did notice that the water was super clear and still warm and bait balls were holding mid water wide of North reef was going to have a quick troll for a dolly but didnt get that chance it looked really good.

justin

Pistol_P
23-12-2009, 03:40 PM
yerh scored a few but after that boat traffic yesterday was alot slower thats for sure!:P need another SE to bring them back to the surface, they are deep if you get my drift;D

justin

Yeah I made the mistake of just taking slugs today for the spotties.

We found a patch of very small bonnies and we spun up alot for Spanish/Marlin troll baits.

I lobbed one out live (unweighted) on a two hook rig with a stinger treble and the dollie hit it....Jumped three times and threw the bait...>:(

Pete

bballfisho
23-12-2009, 11:50 PM
mate dont own lures, personaly i think there shit;D no offence intended:P , dead baits and live baits only way to go, if you want to come for a run next week if your there give us a yell ill show ya round out there if you want8-) saturday/sunday weater looks the goods with some SE winds predicted at this stage.

justin

Im not sure wats the go for this weekend being tied down with family shindigs an all, but would gladly to take up the offer sometime. ill be around a fair bit over the next few months so mite shoot you a pm if the weathers good enough for me to get out there in the little tinny!!

hope the fish keep biting for ya
connor

skipalong
24-12-2009, 05:57 PM
yerh mate just let us know

Platitudinus
25-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi;
My wife forced me to leave the rods at home while we stayed at Coolum for two days. Couldn't believe the birds working bait just off the shore all the way down from Coolum beach past the Hyatt and anywhere from 100m to 1km offshore. The action was non stop all morning and afternoon - thousands of birds. Binoculars were showing huge shoals of small fish being savaged from underneath and on top and so close to shore.
Cheers
Plato ::)

Smithy
25-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Lots of the working birds at the moment in close are on bonito.

skipalong
27-12-2009, 07:14 PM
ahaha all bonito and will be like that for months rain hail or shine