PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Sth Passage Bar and banks North of Moreton

Midnight
18-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Gday,
Thought these shots may be of some help to those out there.
They are only taken with my phone, so the res isnt so good but they are still useful.
The one of the bar are about a month old but the northern banks ones are from today.

They both show the channels well though.

Cheers,
Myles

Ninja
18-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Good shots. Wouldn't it be great it google earth was real time. If you have the camera out next flight and are taking requests....any chance you could snap the south channel along the top of south straddie?

Midnight
19-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Ninja,
If I get a chance, no worries. I'm not heading out that way for the next month that I know of though. I will see if a mate of mine can get some more shots.

Cheers,
Myles

Ninja
19-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanx mate,
While your at it.....can you spot the tuna schools and radio them into me also during flights;) .

Fishobloke
19-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

mattyd
21-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Great photo's - your phone takes pretty sweet pics considering!

I like the reflection of the flight charts in the last pic. I wish I could afford to continue my flying lessons. There's just nothing like the freedom up there.

But we've bought a boat instead and never looked back (until now!).

Midnight
21-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Ninja, I wish I could! It is rare for me to get the chance to look around much in this area, normally too busy once we get that low.

Mattyd, Enjoy the boat. I spend most of my time in the aeroplane wishing I was in my boat! hahaha

Learn to fly when you stop using the boat and sell it. It is nice being up there and looking down. You never get sick of the view.

Cheers,
Myles