PDA

View Full Version : what have you brushed off to go fishing????

bdaearth
18-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Ok the what do you want for Christmas and new year resolution thread got me to thinking about what people have said" Sorry cant make it I am going fishing " too ????

I myself haven't done anything to bad just work do's and a birthday party::) but when the weather is good and the fish are biting I am sure there are bigger things that get put aside!!!

Cheers

Brenden

HeadBanger
18-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Fishing is my excuse for everything. Seriously. Whenever someone invites me to go to something that I really don't want to go to, I'll always say that I've already planned to go fishing.

These sorts of things have included birthdays (including my girlfriend), going shopping, going over to mate's houses and pretty much everything else. I've also used the excuse 'but I was fishing last night' many times to get out of doing school homework:D

I also saved about $200 to spend on my girlfriend for her birthday, then did an impulse buy on a Shakespeare Ugly Stik:D

Great idea for a thread,
Cheers,
Kaidon:freak:

Crunchy
18-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Kindy parties always seem to co-incide with fishing;)

nidrac
18-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Haha Brilliant idea mate.... for me it involves mostly the normal... many many school days, work, sporting games on the weekend, dropping the girlfriend off at the airport (was going away for 2 months) because the weather was too good to miss out on.. many nights at the pub with people you'd rather not be there with (saves a lot of money that one.. ;D) me and the old man even blew off Christmas breakfast last year because we were stuck out in the boat not wanting to come back from the reef because the weather was too good... needless to say we weren't too popular for that one...

Looking forward to hearing other peoples responses..

Nidrac...

fbawlgf
18-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I also saved about $200 to spend on my girlfriend for her birthday, then did an impulse buy on a Shakespeare Ugly Stik:D

Kaidon:freak:[/quote]
LOL love your form mate.

two dogs
18-12-2009, 03:02 PM
school exams, uni, got "stuck" on a sandbank at moreton once and couldnt get back to work, luckily i was with the boss

therapy
18-12-2009, 04:24 PM
For all you men out there not in a relationship but might be one day, you want to mention to your prospective partners the 10 knot clause. As in if it's predicted 10 knots or less, plans are liable to be altered, cancelled or re-scheduled. For those of you already in a relationship, sadly it may be too late......

Cheers and have a safe silly season..........Terry..........

PinHead
18-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Kindy parties always seem to co-incide with fishing;)

bloody hell crunchy..do your mum and dad know that you ,as a kindy aged kid, are on this site??????

krazyfisher
18-12-2009, 07:18 PM
therapy
I too have applied the 10kn rule, also the 5kn rule which means you can get out of funerals and weddings including your own....

gr hilly
18-12-2009, 07:31 PM
45yrs ago my first wife left me and moved back in with her mum and dad' 4weeks later she rang me and asked if i was going to spend more time with her rather than go fishing my answer was yes of course i will i told her i had just baught a biger boat and now she could sleep on it whilst i fished. my 2nd wife loves fishing and so does my 3 daughters its called priorities you have to get them rite.
tight lines hilly

Damned67
18-12-2009, 11:48 PM

Mate, every time if fix my/wifes car myself... it's a trip to the tackle store.
not so long ago, I replaced the water pump. Cost me about $150 and the better part of the day.... figured I'd saved a few hundred bucks... so bought a new Dropshot rod!

But yeah, I like your thinking!
:D

sparkyice
18-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Four guys have been going to the same fishing camp for many years.

Two days before the group is to leave, Frank's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going.

Frank's friends are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do.

Two days later the three get to the camping site only to find Frank sitting there with a tent set up, firewood gathered, and dinner cooking on the fire.

"d**n man, how long you been here, and how did you talk your wife into letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since yesterday.

Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and said, 'Guess who?'"

I pulled her hands off, and she was wearing a brand new see through nightie.

She took my hand and pulled me to our bedroom. The room had candles and rose pedals all over.

On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes!

She told me to tie and cuff her to the bed, and I did.

And then she said, "Do what ever you want."

So, Here I am.

Bear001
19-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I cant possibly name what I have brushed off - ... in public, in writing....way too incriminating......lmao::)

My hubby HATES fishing, I'm just lucky he understands I get a bit cranky if I havent had my fix for a couple of days! Happy wife=happy life boys!!!

I am also lucky that I am self-employed bookkeeper & most of my clients are fishing addicts too....lol.........plus my busy time (end-of-financial yr) is in winter when the fish are off....ha ha

Cindy

Astro
21-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Work xmas party last week end haha, best dec ive ever made hehe. Birthdays and weddings have been on the list as well.

NEWBY
24-12-2009, 07:06 AM
WORK
BIRTHDAYS (wife/kids/rellies)
WORK
MEETINGS
WORK
GARDENING
WORK
ANNIVERSARIES
WORK
TRAINING
WORK
netWORKing
ANYTHING WORK RELATED (its nice being employed by yourself)

Did I mention WORK?????

Nothing interferes with a day or 4 on the water.

FrogBat
26-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh dear.
Some of you boys must get into trouble.
Bye then
Miss Froggy :-*

Rhino80
26-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I love this thread. I have brushed off having lunch with my wife for our anniversery. She is very understanding as i told her about the 10 knot rule when we met

bdaearth
27-12-2009, 06:48 AM
I love this thread. I have brushed off having lunch with my wife for our anniversery. She is very understanding as i told her about the 10 knot rule when we met

I hope you got her a nice feed of fresh fish for dinner!!!:P

NAGG
29-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Child birth :oops: ...... warragamba dam was overflowing & the trout were biting their heads off - what else could I do :P

Chris

PS ....... scraped that relationship

Steve B
29-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Child birth :oops: ...... warragamba dam was overflowing & the trout were biting their heads off - what else could I do :P

Chris

Oh dear Chris:P

i thought I was bad when I ditched our first wedding anniversary for a 'too good to refuse' trip to the NT fishing:D :D ..that cost me big time.

My son was due right smack bang in the middle of the ABT tour 2 yrs back!!!.....but the little champion he is came 5 weeks early and healthy so I got to fish!!! :P :D ;D He loves his Daddy!!

Cheers Steve

fishel
10-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Four guys have been going to the same fishing camp for many years.

Two days before the group is to leave, Frank's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going.

Frank's friends are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do.

Two days later the three get to the camping site only to find Frank sitting there with a tent set up, firewood gathered, and dinner cooking on the fire.

"d**n man, how long you been here, and how did you talk your wife into letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since yesterday.

Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and said, 'Guess who?'"

I pulled her hands off, and she was wearing a brand new see through nightie.

She took my hand and pulled me to our bedroom. The room had candles and rose pedals all over.

On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes!

She told me to tie and cuff her to the bed, and I did.

And then she said, "Do what ever you want."

So, Here I am.

Well, that changes what I thought men think with. Looks like it is their fishing rod!!!

Chamelion
10-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I didn't brush it off, but I did go fishing between setting up for my wedding and getting showered/dressed.. Got a 45 minute flick in hehehe.

jez and suze
10-01-2010, 08:54 PM
check my profile pic

BayDog
11-01-2010, 08:03 AM
We were planning our wedding which we decided was going to happen in Vietnam. Well we had a timeline and march/april was when the missus wanted it to happen as the wet season starts to kick up after that. No F#@#king way! That's prawn season! Well i managed to push it back a couple of months.

Nic
11-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Having a non-fishing spouse sounds like too much hard work for me, thank God my husband loves it.

All kid's parties are fishing days. God help me if we ever have kids, I'll be stuffed.

levinge
11-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Whoa Nic, don't put the mocker on yourself.

Beside IF you and Dave had kids, the little bugger would come out with a lure in one hand and rod in the other.

Bear001
11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Having a non-fishing spouse sounds like too much hard work for me, thank God my husband loves it.

Yes, non-fishing spouse sux! In my house it's the husband....Im just lucky his girls are now grown up and he is very, very tolerant of my addiction...lol
Happy wife = happy life.

PaulMark
11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Remember this Mantra... "No Wind,NOT HERE!!" Christmas morning this one just gone,we all fronted the tree for pressies, "Wheres Mikey??"(son in law No1) Daughter No1 Err he's at Lenthalls! Well its his Christmas too.
Paulo

Damned67
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Chris

Reminds me of when I was at the drag strip while my wife was in labor. In my defense, that race meet was only once a year, the track was only 45min away, and I called her every 30min.... Oh, and I was home in plenty of time to take her to the hospital ;D

Scott nthQld
13-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I forgot to pick my mum up from the airport once, Out on the water I get a phone call..."where are you"...."umm, on my way, got a flat though, be their in about an hour".....I thought I got away with it, until she asked me why the boat was on the car....forgot about that minor detail

fishel
14-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I cant possibly name what I have brushed off - ... in public, in writing....way too incriminating......lmao::)

My hubby HATES fishing, I'm just lucky he understands I get a bit cranky if I havent had my fix for a couple of days! Happy wife=happy life boys!!!

I am also lucky that I am self-employed bookkeeper & most of my clients are fishing addicts too....lol.........plus my busy time (end-of-financial yr) is in winter when the fish are off....ha ha

Cindy

Hi Cindy

I'm like you, have non-fishing husband. I try to be a bit controlled anytime we are at the coast so as not to get him too cheesed off. If I was there on my own I would spend a lot more time with a line in. Unfortunately I don't live near the coast to be able to duck down to the water on my own when I need a fix.

Cheers Eleanor

Robbo76
17-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Some funny stuff here guys!

Headbanger, your post made me sneeze my coffee out, funny stuff.:D

I wish my missus liked fishing as much as I do, she would rather me sell the boat and buy the fish instead.

She told me I have too many toys and something's got to go, so i sold her camry.

Rob

bdaearth
19-01-2010, 07:29 PM
I am about to brush off a camping weekend with a large group of our friends and also a mates 30th to go fishing around fraser this weekend :) I have started to let everyone I know about the 5-10 knot rule!!!!

NAGG
20-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Oh dear Chris:P

i thought I was bad when I ditched our first wedding anniversary for a 'too good to refuse' trip to the NT fishing:D :D ..that cost me big time.

My son was due right smack bang in the middle of the ABT tour 2 yrs back!!!.....but the little champion he is came 5 weeks early and healthy so I got to fish!!! :P :D ;D He loves his Daddy!!

Cheers Steve

Steve .... Its all about priorities :P -

Hell in the end I got sick of irons , pots , pans & other missiles being thrown at me every time I wanted to go fishing .......... :( No problem these days:D

Chris