PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions

HeadBanger
17-12-2009, 08:13 AM
G'day all, I saw the 'What Do You Want For X-mas' thread, and it got me thinking, so I decided to make this one. You resolution can be related or unrelated to fishing.

Mine personally is to learn how to use soft plastics and actually catch a fish on one of them::)

Cheers,
Kaidon:freak:

fisho85
17-12-2009, 08:56 PM
My new year resolutions are:
1. Buy a new boat!
2. Give up smoking to afford to run my new boat!
3. Not to crack my new boat and seize the motor beyond repair! ( As what happend to my current boat)
4. Boat countless amounts of fish in my new boat!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fisho85

haggis
17-12-2009, 09:33 PM
to fish more & land more fish

tailorboi99
17-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I have three fishing based New Year Resolutions:

1) LAND a few Bullies
2) Get Off-Shore
3) Fish a few competitions

Merry Christmas to all!

levinge
17-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Just one

Be more forgiving with Numpty's at the Ramp....

iqarus
17-12-2009, 11:09 PM
fishing and non-fishing.

lose the last 20kg
save enough to go halves with the old man for the new boat.
learn how to fish hard bodies and soft plastics alot better
fish more
fish more
fish more
fish more
fish more
fish more
fish more
fish more

smashed crabs
18-12-2009, 12:24 AM
mine is
1. Stop being so good at using soft plastics, just once it would be nice not to catch a fish on them.
2. Ring me mum more and not from the tinny while catching fish using soft plastics
3. Stop buying the local tackle shop out of their Ecogear Power Shad 4" and 5" in Watermelon and Pearlglow color's.
4. Take up smoking and drinking so i will not have the money to buy more soft platics
5. Stop chucking the busted up soft plactics into the wifes goldfish tank
6. Stop giving the busted soft plactics a sea burial down the dunny and saluting them as i push the flush button
6. Seek professional help

This will do for now;D

Merry christmas to everyone !!

NEWBY
18-12-2009, 06:23 AM
Anything and everything to stop the Greens, Pew, and any and every other uneducated tree hugging S.O.B. from taking mine and my kids fantastic Aussie lifestyle away from me.
Warning to "The Dark Side" (Greens and radicals) You have pi$$ed Newby off. Bad move.

TheRealAndy
18-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Anything and everything to stop the Greens, Pew, and any and every other uneducated tree hugging S.O.B. from taking mine and my kids fantastic Aussie lifestyle away from me.
Warning to "The Dark Side" (Greens and radicals) You have pi$$ed Newby off. Bad move.

Thanks newby, I was about to say the same thing!!

bdaearth
18-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I am looking to drop a few kg's as I have been really slack of late and I really want to catch a mangrove jack!!!

Peter4
18-12-2009, 08:24 AM
My New Year's resolutions include:

1. Five trips to Mondy, two trips to Awoonga and one to Teemburra.

2. Enter at least one ABT Barra Tournament.

3. Be a better person and treat everyone around me how I would like them to treat me.

4. Spend more quality time with my family.

5. Stay healthy with regular exercise and better eating habits!

Pete

FNQCairns
18-12-2009, 09:12 AM
None this year, it's looking like a decade long impediment has finally been lifted, happy to see first where this new wind blows.

cheers fnq

Damned67
19-12-2009, 12:01 AM
5. Stop chucking the busted up soft plactics into the wifes goldfish tank
6. Stop giving the busted soft plactics a sea burial down the dunny and saluting them as i push the flush button
6. Seek professional help

This will do for now;D

Merry christmas to everyone !!

Too funny!

My New year's resolutions would likely be too depressing...
So we'll just keep it simple and that I hope I catch a feed more often than not when going out fishing.

b8nburlee
19-12-2009, 02:37 AM
not a bloody one!!! if you need to do something, why procrastinate? just get of ya ass and do it! ;D why wait for new years? on saying that, i do procrastinate with alot of things::) . but i dont make up resolutions that im not going to carry out. to me a resolution is something you do, not something you dont do, which would be 90% of most?.im not casting opinions on anyone here, only my thoughts.
merry xmas and happy new years all. :)

Luc
19-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Become a granpa (3weeks to go) :smiley:

Fish more starting this morning
Down to 100kgs
Get a bowmount for the tinny
Clean out the spare bedroom to make my ''office''
Setup the big fishtank in the ''office''
Tackle the ''odd jobs'' list

Luc

aussiefool
22-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Nothing..... I'm perfect in every way.... Well in my eyes I am :LMAO:

Benno1
22-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Get out in the boat more with the family.
Be nicer to eejits at the boat ramp.
Listen better.
Learn to tie more knots...be it rope or fishing line.
Have more family and friend get togethers.
Oh theres more...but this'll do for now :P

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

finga
22-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm with old mate Andrew.
I'm not going to change a bloody thing.
I'm just happy the way things are now.
And besides that if I do something new or change something it might upset the cook and an unhappy cook means no tucker for my fat guts. And that's not on I'm afraid.
Merry Christmas folks :)
(stuff the politically correctness crap)

Marlin_Mike
22-12-2009, 05:47 PM
i will try to ACTUALLY put the freeaking boat in the water and try to catch a fish

Mike

Axl
22-12-2009, 08:11 PM
G'day all, I saw the 'What Do You Want For X-mas' thread, and it got me thinking, so I decided to make this one. You resolution can be related or unrelated to fishing.

Mine personally is to learn how to use soft plastics and actually catch a fish on one of them::)

Cheers,

I must agree Headbanger if I could land a keeper on soft plastics that would be wonderful.

Thanks for starting a soul searching thread.

Sandman
25-12-2009, 10:13 AM

Cheers,

Mine started early have given up the fags those that know me know i love a cig , unfourtunatly my heart told me that the relationship had to end found out my heart murmour i have had since a child is a little more serious my BP has been off the scale for many years finally decided to see the Doctor and was rushed off :o
So i use to be pretty well cut my New year res is to get fit and do way more fishing, unfourtunatly i am no longer able to dive which is a bugger but maybe it will turn around.

To your health

Mick

trueblue
25-12-2009, 12:08 PM
my resolution is "to make no committments that I won't keep...................."

PNG1M
30-12-2009, 07:24 PM
New years resolutions...

* drink less (starting from Jan 01 - no earlier)... !?
* save more... !?
* pay the credit cards off & don't clock 'em up again...
* get in front with the mortgage...
* get fit... 'hit the gym'
* polish off my post-grad Masters (MA)!

And most importantly...

* never take another job in a location without fishing opportunities nearby!!

gav73
30-12-2009, 08:32 PM
My new years reso is to do a few comps and a bit more travlin and meet some Ausfish nuts, I hope to see a bit more of Monduran and Awoonga and brake the 120 mark .And if I have got enough time I might win Lotto.(Boys the trick with soft plastics is to take all hard bodies out of the boat and start fishn, it might take ya few trips but when ya get ya first its game on)
Cheers Gav

Donny Boy
01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Fish More.
Stress less.
Drink less............... so I can afford 1.
Work harder ....................to afford 1.
Work less hours........................... in order to achieve 1.
Get Boat in the water...................so I can actually do 1.
New Motor for Boat.......................so to achieve 6 ......to do 1...
Get fitter, for swimming, cause I haven't done 7, to do 6, to do 1.
But much more Tackle .........to do 1.
Get a bigger boat............for all of 9............to do 6......... to do 1.
It then follows for all of these things I need a $hit load of money, so I'll have to work longer, & harder, which will cause stress, for which I'll drink to fix, then i'll be over .05, & can't go on the water.

Ah well.........that's 2010 stuffed..............what's on for next year ??? :-[

PinHead
01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
LOL Don.

Mine is to make sure I let everyone on Ausfish know when I am going on the water...that weather they will have ample time to arrange other activities as the weather always goes to crap when I get on the water.
Notice I said "on the water"..anything I do with a rod and reel and a relationship from that to fishing is purely coincidental.

Donny Boy
01-01-2010, 10:51 AM
You planning on doing some off the rocks, Pin ??

What with the boat going & all..............;D

Xahn1960
01-01-2010, 11:23 AM
My boat saw no water in 2009, so 2010 she's gotta get wet !!!

Donny Boy
02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
My boat saw no water in 2009, so 2010 she's gotta get wet !!!

Onya Billy............That's the stuff ! ;) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Three08
10-01-2010, 06:09 PM
1) To finish my boat before the weather turns bad.
2) To actually catch a fish...lol
3) To quite smoking.