PDA

View Full Version : Black in the End

The Animal
14-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Crew.
Season is very ordinary so far for SEQ light tackle but managed just one at the end of the day Saturday off Mooloolaba. Think there was only two caught up our way on the weekend other one by Smithy.
Couple of shots attached.
Stephen

nautical prince
14-12-2009, 06:39 PM
hey Animal was out in my boat gusher the plate boat .seen you on the 12 mile we had one little black hit the short cnr then the shot gun but no hook up the had another hook up but the main line got busted up some how was puzzled. headed to noosa around chardons saw a massive bait school about 250m and 20m thick but still zip.

supa29
14-12-2009, 06:49 PM
hey animal nice fish was out on sunday. as i steamed past the blinker saw 2 little blacks sunning on the surface so stopped and put the pushers out one come back and hit the short corner but didnt hook up. i think he was just playing continued out to the 8 10 12 14 seen 2 blaks and 2 sails just crusing along sunning but didnt even show any interest. while out at the 14 m had live baits just slashed down one side but didnt come back. then saw a schoool of about 200 foot long dolphin fish cruise past and they didnt want to play either.

dont know what it was but they didnt want to feed on sunday frustrating

at least we know they are out there bring on summer

kel.......

Brooksy
14-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Good work Steve, I think its going to be one of those seasons just gotta be in the right spot at the right time. We opted to go south on saturdau and ploughed around the trench/hutchies for zip but a couple of dollies.

Cheers Steve

Greg P
14-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Plowed the 100+m line out from the Cape for a couple of dollies. Had two blacks into the spread but no takers. Bit of bait mid water out there. Slow day but nice to be on the water. Saw the ship they are using to find the Centaur??? doing scanning runs as well.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/grpaxto/IMG_2670.jpg

Smithy
14-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Tuckwell's 2400KC Ofishal Business was 1 from 2 on blacks on Sunday as well. 0s for me today on bills in the same area. Water was a degree cooler and 1/8th the amount of bait. Heavy tackle is still fishing consistent. I saved the day with a few AJs and kingys on the plastics and a surprise dogtooth tuna from this neck of the woods. Other than a small king on the troll Saturday, like Justin, could have caught kingies and AJs all day long on soft plastics.

the baker
15-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Good one Steve nice fish mate

Dave.

ooglie74
15-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Where did you get the doggie Smithy??Hutchies?

Cheers Troy

Smithy
15-12-2009, 06:54 PM
PM sent Troy.