PDA

View Full Version : Tarps covers for the boat.

tropicrows
14-12-2009, 12:53 PM
I’m interested in what tarps everyone else is using. My boat is parked under a couple of trees and cops the sun, weather and bird crap.
My first tarp lasted 4 years it was silver with a black under side and fairly heavy duty. I replaced it 12 months ago with a silver tarp with a green under side, it’s stuffed already. The green stuffs falling off, and the tarp has more gaffa tape holding it together than a V8 that’s hit the wall at Bathurst.
Can’t afford to replace it every 12 months would rather pay a few more dollars and get one that lasts. So far I haven’t found one that looks as good as the first one I had.

darrend65
14-12-2009, 01:16 PM
There are quite a few boat cover/ tarps on ebay, just search for 'Boat Cover'. I've never purchased one, but the prices can be on the steep side up to $299 so you would hope they're good quality.

Noelm
14-12-2009, 01:29 PM
there is a lot of difference between a good quality boat cover and a tarp from a department store, I reckon get a boat canopy guy out and get a custom made one and be done with it.

DR
14-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I have a white poly one that I got from Boomerang Canvas at Coopers Plains. Had something like a 3 year UV guarantee on it, has been on for 5 years now & still good..

Chimo
14-12-2009, 02:18 PM
TC

PM sent

Chimo

PS Its possible to extend tarp life by alternating the side exposed to the sun as both sides have some UV stabilization, or so my wholesaler told me.

dreemon
14-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I have the same tarp as you, green and silver but no probs and have had it for about 3 yrs, but I do think that there are some that look the same but without the same quality, mine is partly under a pine tree with birds in it,

Q . what do you do if a bird craps on your windscreen?

A , don't take her out again !

ps what boat is that in your Av ?

cactus jack
14-12-2009, 06:58 PM
mate, I use a silver tarp from the shop, I think it's a Black Wolf and paid about $70 for it (6x4m) it does a great job. I used to have a much cheaper one that last about 3 minutes in the first decent wind so a few extra dollars is worth it.

ozscott
14-12-2009, 07:05 PM
The semi custom fit ones from Whitworths made in Australia are the bees knees I reckon, short of a full custom which costs 3 times as much. I will post some pics of mine.

Here it is..its not the best photo because I had let it loose on the sides...comes with all the straps and well stitched loops. It is very heavy, keeps out water and breaths. I was really surprised with the quality.

Cheers