PDA

View Full Version : Shelf today 1,0,0

Midnight
13-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Gday,
Trolled the shelf today again in ideal conditions, but only managed one strike.
The water was nice and blue, with a few current lines here and there, but quite a bit cooler than last week.
We headed quite a way N.E to end up 40nm East of Caloundra where I saw a patch of water on the SST in the morning that looked like it may be of interest, before working our way back down to just NNE of the Cape. We trolled everything from 240m to 2400m and then trolled through Hutchies on the run home, but never turned a reel. Thats fishin eh

"In the Black" had a few shots and tagged at least one, and I heard "Blu Reeler" hooked up just after we left the shelf. I heard Smithy having a reasonable day, and it sounded like there were a few Blacks around out from Mooloolaba??

I had a feeling it may be a slow day after the week of NNE and nothing overly exciting on the SST's.

Still another magic day out there, and the dolphins came to play around the boat again for a while which is always nice.

Cheers,
Myles

bondy99
17-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Midnight,

I take it the dollies have peeted out a little?

Peter

Midnight
17-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Mate I believe further south and in a little closer, 300-500m, there are still a few around.
We didn't see any the other day. Had the icebox ready to go, but no luck!

Cheers,
Myles

bondy99
17-12-2009, 06:28 PM
G'day Myles,

Yeah, they can be like that.

I know you're still out in the tornament, send me a pm when you're closer to going out to chase a few, I hope they are around at the time. Dollies would go down well with sliced mango, coconut cream, ginger, garlic and rice.

Whereabouts are you in relation to Port of Brisbane?

Cheers

Peter