PDA

View Full Version : where are all the reports?

Jeremy
13-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Bloody nice day outside today. Heaps of boats out. I noticed the radio operator at CG Mooloolaba getting a bit busy and sounding stressed this morning.

I crossed Caloundra bar at 3.30 am and worked my usual areas around the 5-12 mile for no good. About 9 am I put some lures out and headed out to wide Caloundra and the trench and back without turning a reel. Plenty of little bonito around in schools though.

Came back in to the shipping channnel about 1 pm as the Northerly was picking up and finally managed to find some fish. Schools of small mack tuna getting active and I managed to pull a couple of school mackeral also. Virtually last cast stuff, so it was nice to head home with some fresh fish.

I am guessing it was pretty quiet out there for others also going by the lack of reports?

Jeremy

Pistol_P
13-12-2009, 07:17 PM
My Fishing Buddy Adrian had a pretty quiet day outside too.

Had livies out at anchor.......Then slow trolled livies for Zilch.

Picked up two small squire in close on plastics then came home...

Same as what you saw.....mack tuna and bonito schools around but a lack of predators...?????

Pete

-spiro-
13-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Mate did a overnighter at Morton...both tempest..
Got a few but it was a waste of good weather.
Should of went with the gut and went to the Banks but after getting caught in a storm last time i was a bit hesadent..

joe 09
13-12-2009, 08:19 PM
made the decision to go to mud today and was on the water by 4.AM and came home with 2 squire 1 bream 6 grassy's and released heaps more
and home by 11 AM.

Joe

3rd degree
13-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Same story, left Scarby at dawn heading for the Cape, loaded up on livies, but couldn't loose one.

Trolled the trench for many hours with livies, skirts and hard bodies at different times for only a foul hooked mac tuna.

Went and soaked some bait again and got some 40cm squire, and a massive ray.

Spotted a few very flighty Longtails in the Pearl Channel on the way back, and had a few casts, but couldn't get close enough.

Great conditions, but average fishing.

James

Tim_N
14-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Jeremy,
The northern Bay was fantastic, weather wise, but the fish ........... well.
Ended up with a couple of Schoolies spun up from around the shipping channel beacons and a couple of small Snapper but that was it.
There was loads of bait on the grounds I was fishing but the predators were not working. Bugger!
Anyway, nice to go for once with excellent sea conditions considering the way the weather has been the last 6 to 8 weeks.
Got a feed, like you and that was it.
Tim

Scalem
14-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I took TimD and Goldfinch out in the Yalta. I handed over the driving to Goldfinch, being the more experienced skipper through the south passage bar ( i had only ever been deckie the one time before)

The resulting trip was a pearler, and so was the catch. But before I spill the beans, I have to keep you all in suspense for the post from either of my crew of the day. I can say I was outfished yet again, more than double this time;), and I have threatened if either put me to shame like that again, they won't get another invitation;D;D

I'll give it one or two days before I break the silence!:-X

Scalem

Frank OO
14-12-2009, 02:29 PM
We left Bribie at 0345am and headed straight for Hutchies. All the AJs and Kingies were gone. Trolled all the way to Shallow Tempest zig zaging through water from 50 to 80 meters. The only bait we saw was just south of the Cape in about 30 Meters.

Trolled all the way back to Flinders where we finally caught 1 Striped Tuna. There were lots of tiny Mack Tuna.

Kept trolling to the bottom of the Trench for just 1 tiny Bonito.

Fantastic day out in the ocean. Maybe a bit to smooth for the fish.

Frank OO

Jeremy
14-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Glad it wasn't just me then.

Here is the photo of my take home catch.

dreemon
14-12-2009, 04:40 PM
went out the seaway about 5;30 saturday am, fog and a bit of swell out to the 24's and got my pb snapper just over 500 mm and anouther at 450mm, funny how people pulled up and anchored up next to me as if I knew what I was doin ?

then this morn went out and caught a few good waves ;D Cheers