PDA

View Full Version : Snapper on the run

Redhunter
13-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi Ausfisho's,

Well it has been a little while since my last report, normally this time of the year things start to slow down as the warmer currents move through, but the snapper have been schooling up in good numbers. Not big fish but nice eating size around the 2 to 5 kilo mark.
I have had two trips out baging out on school snapper both times. My first trip out was with one of my mates Glenno, he was keen to see how the new rig went so we headed out to one of my marks and anchored up, shot the floaters out with mullet as bait. It didn't take long and by 12 noon we had out bag of school snapper. I tried the plastics for a while but they did not respond.
Second trip out was by myself and I headed north and by 11.30 am I had my bag, they where nailing the plastics really aggressively, pink shine, nucular chickens and lime tigers did the damage.

Regards Steve

Trip 1- first 5 photo's
Trip 2- last 5 photo's

mirage
13-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks Steve, good catch this time of year. What area are you in?

Redhunter
13-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi mirage i fish from double island right up to the north of fraser

Angla
13-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I noticed that you have a fairly big jig head on the pink shine rig. Is that normal or just because of depth or current conditions.

You are starting the deckie out early with fish handling.

Cheers
Chris

Redhunter
13-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi angla the wind picked up from the north about 20 knots and the current was
roaring the jig head was 1half ounce weight.
reagards steve

Goldfinch
16-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey Steve,

Nice bag full mate.

Where are you fishing mate? Bris, Sunny Coast, Goldy?

Cheers
dave

Redhunter
16-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey Steve,

Nice bag full mate.

Where are you fishing mate? Bris, Sunny Coast, Goldy?

Cheers
dave

I fish out from Double Island right up to Fraser.
Regards Steve

vertico
16-12-2009, 05:40 PM
top fish mate no reds found eh ? or just not fishing the red country ?

Redhunter
17-12-2009, 05:48 PM
top fish mate no reds found eh ? or just not fishing the red country ?

Hi vertico i used to fish in a mates old stingray centre console named who cares
and with the old boy in a old sea farer many years a go.I occasionally use to see
reef master when he had his jbs old boat and graig tomkinson ,both top red hunters out in that red country.Unfortunatley the old boy past away with cancer
and that rock me for a few years so i have only just started to get back into the offshore scene .I plan to get back out in the new rig in the near future.

regards steve