PDA

View Full Version : allycraft 425 fishmate

martib
13-12-2009, 10:59 AM
im thinking of buying a fishmate early next year.
just looking for some feedback from people and i thought this would be a good place to start.
it will have a 30 suzuki to push it along.
your thuoghts please.
martib:)

geoffmck
13-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Depending on what you want it for mate, I would think carefully about a 40hp over a 30hp but a 30hp may suit for light loads etc. Also be prepared for a very long.............wait between ordering and delivery. They seem like a good rig for the money. Also check out the ReelMate from Cunninghams Marine fitted with a few extras.

I was tossing up between a reel mate and a Brooker Safari, but bought the Safari. Not much between them though, just Sydney pick up and 3mm bottom and 2mm topsides made the difference for me.

Heaps of info on this forum just do a search for "Allycraft", "Brooker" etc.

I have got heaps of help from the guys on here.

mylestom
13-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Have you read this thread quite interesting and worth remembering if ordering.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=156722

Good luck and get all promises in writing.

Been through long waits before with an outboard. Took over 7months without delivery. But that another story.

Regards

Trev

martib
14-12-2009, 04:44 PM
thanks guys
yes trev i have read that thread and it worries me a bit as i live in cairns.when i was inquiring about the boat the guys said there is some coming to cairns mid to late jan.and i was quite welcome to put a deposit on one of them if i wanted too,
will see what happens,

cheers martib

the gecko
15-12-2009, 01:01 PM
3ohp is fine on your own, but think twice if you want to put a leccy motor and second battery upfront. I ahve the 30hp on my Allycraft, and its still ok with an esky full and a second battery. But when you add a spare fuel tank or a second person, its getting a but much for the 30hp

Scott Ashe
15-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi Mate,

I have the "fishmates" brother the 425 "Reel mate" which I've had since june 09. I was told an expected delivery of four weeks, but it arrived at the two week mark.

I have an '09 Yamaha 30 4 stroke all electric, which is virrtually identical to the 40hp and since I 98% of the time only have two on board, it's enough power for me. I too only weigh 60 kg.

Just thought you might want to have a look at the "Reelmate" too.

I Paid $2690 hull only with safety gear + 12 months concessional rego.

Cheers
Scott

funkngroovy
15-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I also have the reelmate. Great boat but long wait. Might pay to call the factory direct, you might get a straight answer. Still lots of people waiting for AllyCraft boats, as said, they are the right price. I have the 30, triple carb yammy on boad. it's fine for me. If I'm loaded more than usual every now and then, I will go a little slower, but for now, it's plenty powerfull.