PDA

View Full Version : Better quality Trailer Rollers for 4.25m Boat

Scott Ashe
10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi All,

My new 425 Allycraft sit's on a redco sportsman trailer with the blue rollers. When I was looking at the trailer earlier my rollers seem to marked and all chewed out already. I am as careful as I can be when launching and retreving. My question is can you buy better quality rollers than those supplied, for this application.

I am booked in for a service in mid Janunary, so would like to replace them then.

Cheers
Scott

rayken1938
10-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Get it fitted with yalio they start off at around 30 each but last a lifetime. They are especially designed for ally boats and have the bonus of being self centreing.
Cheers
Ray

Mike Delisser
10-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Yeh Yelio are smik, but expensive to do the whole trailer, just the rear is an option.
The best I've ever owned came from a joint that was two or three streets in behind Cuninghams Marine at Clontarf. I can't remember their name but maybe some one on this site can help us both out with that as I need a set for the new boat. The rollers didn't show one bit of ware after 4 years on the old boat and I think they were only about $10 each. I think they made them onsite so it might have been a plastics place but I'm not sure.
Cheers
Mike

rayken1938
11-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Also check your keel for rough spots thatcould be the trouble.
Cheers
Ray

spelchek
11-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Scott,

I'm taking delivery of a 4.4 Sea Jay on monday on the same trailer. Apart form the chewed up rollers, how do you find the trailer (especially in relation to retrieves).

Cheers!

Scott Ashe
11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi Mate,

Apart from my roller issue, I am quite happy with this Trailer. It is my second Redco Sportsman. Launching and retreviving is an easy job with this trailer. I had the wire winch cable replaced with a strap this time around, and LED Lights fitted to replace the Standard ones.

Cheers
Scott

spelchek
11-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Cheers mate. Thats nice to know.

Gonna be the longest weekend in history for me I think (waiting for monday delivery). Luckily I'm flying to Brissie tomorrow to pick up my new Land Rover as well - that will pass the time :)