PDA

View Full Version : Fitzroy To Musgrave

NEWBY
08-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I have just returned from the bunker group. Set off on sunday morning...Did a bit of bottom bouncing at Lamont on the way out. Stayed in Fitzroy Sunday night...Rigged some skip baits and set off Monday morning out the back of Fitzroy. Headed NE until I hit the 100m line then trolled between 100 and 250m until I hit NE of Fairfax...Headed back in to 50m zone and trolled over a few lumps an hills then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz the sound that we all love......... I dropped the boat back to idle (4kn) and went downstairs....12yo son had the strike rod (24kg) that had a shallow diver Halco lure on (Apollo knows the lure, new pattern though mate) and was holding it until son 2 (9yo) and wife 1 (only got 1) brought the rest of the gear in. Son 2 on the short rigger said, "dad, this reel is stuck" so I took it over and it wasnt stuck, it had a fish on as well. It let go and I started to get it in. Just as it got right at the back of the boat, a torpedo came flying out of the water str8 at me....It flew over the port stern corner and landed back in the water so I let the lure back out...it was so clear out there that we could see the fish do an about turn and speed off after this lure. It hit and I handed the rod to Mellissa (wife 1) 5 minutes later, 2 nice Wahoo....1 on 24kg and 1 on 8kg.....Not sail fish or Marlin but fish in the troll just the same... Wife and kids handled the rods and teasers just fine and we got 2 from 2...Good fun....Pics attached...

jtpython
08-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Thats a top effort from the wife and kids Newby nice stuff. Would have been a good weekend for the lagoon hey. Great Hoo's hear there have been a few around the shoals
Have a good Xmas mate
JT

fisho85
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Nice fish mate, might need to practice how to net them while there in mid flight;D......although that ain't as fun as the traditional way. Would have been some good weather for it too, i got out on Saturday night weather wasn't too bad managed a few nice fish just wide of turkey beach. But had to resort to a mates boat after my motor blew up last week. Looking at getting a new Rambla boat for a late christmas prezzy:D .

Cheers for the report

Simon J

Apollo
08-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Good stuff Newbs, Mellissa and mini Newbs. Glad THE LURE did the deed for you.

Steve

vertico
09-12-2009, 01:57 AM
no reefies ?

trymyluck
09-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Well done, great to see the family involved. Pure gold.

Mark

NEWBY
09-12-2009, 06:06 AM
no reefies ?
Got a couple out at Lamont on the way out but it was a trolling trip we went for. Boys ate the fish on Sunday night...Lippa and a Parrot...

lethal098
09-12-2009, 08:45 AM
top stuff newby, looks like the weather played the game for you. Cheers Lee

murf
09-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Top stuff NEWBY :)

a bit of fun for the family

send down the warm water and Hoo for us down here please mate ;)

cheers Murf

NEWBY
09-12-2009, 02:22 PM
top stuff newby, looks like the weather played the game for you. Cheers Lee
It sure did...was sensational

NEWBY
09-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Top stuff NEWBY :)

a bit of fun for the family

send down the warm water and Hoo for us down here please mate ;)

cheers Murf
Water temp was showing 28.9

finding_time
09-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Your a brave man to be trolling 8kg in 250m Newby!!;) Yvonne had a 800lb+ black up in there spread just east of there last year! Anything above 150m is really getting into big fish country:D

Ian

Ps. nice to see some Hoo being caught though, send them on down!

littlemac
09-12-2009, 05:03 PM
great work newby, sounds like a great buzz for all

cheers

brett

NEWBY
10-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Nice fish mate, might need to practice how to net them while there in mid flight;D......although that ain't as fun as the traditional way. Would have been some good weather for it too, i got out on Saturday night weather wasn't too bad managed a few nice fish just wide of turkey beach. But had to resort to a mates boat after my motor blew up last week. Looking at getting a new Rambla boat for a late christmas prezzy:D .

Cheers for the report

Simon J
I know where there is a pretty good 21 foot alison fisherman with a low hour 150 Optimax on the back of her for sale in Gladstone...
It was my old boat...Guy who bought it doesnt use it and wants to sell her...Low 30's from memory...Give me a call if you want to have a look at it.

NEWBY
10-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Your a brave man to be trolling 8kg in 250m Newby!!;) Yvonne had a 800lb+ black up in there spread just east of there last year! Anything above 150m is really getting into big fish country:D

Ian

Ps. nice to see some Hoo being caught though, send them on down!

I didnt start out with the intention of going over 100m Ian. Just happened that way...I thought that I would have a look while I was out there... No sense in changing all the rods for a look...It seems that all the structure is around the 95m line out there....Good ground...i will have to try bottom bashing it when I get the Berty back

murf
10-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Water temp was showing 28.9

haha that's bath water temp

we are only on 21deg atm waiting for the 25 to 26 water to turn up

cheers Murf

Benno1
10-12-2009, 07:44 AM
good stuff Newby...great pictures :)

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Lucky_Phill
12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
nice work big fella.

The family look as if they're enjoying themselves......

cheers

phill

NEWBY
13-12-2009, 06:44 AM
nice work big fella.

The family look as if they're enjoying themselves......

cheers

phill
Funny really, Justin (youngest one) sits with me every sunday and watches all the fishing shows but doesnt want to come out trolling. Too boring he reckons but will flick lures around without hookup for hours...Josh never watches the shows but always wants to come trolling. Mellissa hates boats but loves being at the spots we get to in it...And loves fishing....Sorry, loves catching...I normally have to hook em...Olivia loves it all and I hardly ever take her out....Disfunctional?????us???