PDA

View Full Version : Brissy Offshore, Saturday, 5-12-2009.

CHEE-FEE
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Left Manly with Ricky (RICKTA) in the mighty Cruise Craft in the wee small hours and crossed South Passage at first light. Looking at Seabreeze, we thought we might get the morning in; fish the tide up to the top about lunchtime, then head home. Wind blowing NW upon arrival and sea a bit sloppy; not flash, but fishable. Had a few drops on the 29's for a couple of Squire. Headed out to the 35's for a couple more Squire. The wind was steadily increasing and, even with the Sea Anchor out, we were fairly fizzing along. There were decent shows on the sounder, but getting down to them was the problem. When we could get down to them, we got fish. All the Squire were only keepers with a lot of throwbacks amongst them. I gave the skipper the command "Find some big fish NOW!" Ricky, being the star that he is, happily obliged and, within the next drift or two, he was onto a freight train. It was lines up (mine) and I had to play boat driver. He gave this thing heaps and it gave it back with interest. He was on this thing for ages and he had the 20lb Braid and 8-10kg Live Fibre 8 foot Spin Stick stretched to the max. This went on for an eternity and he was moaning and groaning like a barmaid after a Cronulla game. Finally, colour appeared and it was a SHARK, which was duly broken off at the boat. I took over the driving whilst the busted-arse skipper attempted to repair himself. I put us onto a couple of good shows, but we just could not get baits down to them. Conditions by this stage had become quite ordinary, with wind, slop and everything else, so we headed home. The windscreen got a couple of good cleans as we headed for the bar, which we crossed before the run-out tide had really started to move. Had a cold beer on the way home, but, as we approached the outside of Green Island, it was just as putrid there as it was on the 33's. Anyway, home with a feed of Squire and that's all.

Cheers,
NICK

Goldfinch
08-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Good report Nick. That stretch from Green to Manly is a bugger. Especially when you've been going 35mph all the way from the Bar.
Cheers
Dave

honda900
08-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the report Nick,

Me and the deckies pulled the pin for Weekend due to the wind, Glad now after your report.

Regards
Honda

CHEE-FEE
08-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I wish I had rolled over and gone back to sleep. Friday was definitely the day, but work always seems to be able to get in the way. Starting to really run out of chances for a few bottom fish for the year, and the weather doesn't look like getting much better any time soon.

Cheers,
NICK.

SALTY"D"
12-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Should have went to mud with me the night before mate, I slayed em, was throwing em back if they were under 500 long. weather was real real ordinary though 20knots 1.5 and breaking once the tide turned.

CHEE-FEE
12-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Just not tough enough to have a V-Sea.