PDA

View Full Version : Kick-up Transducer?

geoffmck
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I thought had posted a question on this but can't find it?

Anyway, I want to install my transducer for my Matrix 12 on some sort of kick up bracket so it is protected when I pull the boat up on the beach etc. The Matrix tranducer is a little bit flimsy and has no kick up protection because it is "locked" into the position you set it up in.

I have looked in the Whitworths and BIAS Boating catalogues and can't find anything to suit, only slide up brackets which I don't want to use because I am installing on a welded on bracket on the back of my new tinny.

I have seen some transducers with this feature as standard but don't want to go to the expense of buying a transducer when there is nothing wrong with the one I have.

Any suggestions?

oldboot
07-12-2009, 09:56 AM
you could take a common or garden stanless hinge, drive the pin out and replace with a stanless bolt and nut.....you would probaly have to mount it on some spacers so the bolt heads clear but stanless washers would do that.

one of the hinges with square leaves would be the go

cheers

Redrocks
08-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Or use the stainless piano hinge as is and tack (with a weldall rod) a counter sunk stainless screw with a hole drilled through it, out from the base. Then fold the hinge down and put a small lynch pin through it to secure it down. This way you don't have to worry about wingnuts coming loose. It will be easier to undo and flip it up when you go on the beach this way. You can secure some stainless wire to the lynch pin so it doesn't get lost when not in place.

Redrocks.

geoffmck
12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Anyone know where I can buy an aftermarket bracket off the shelf

Lbudgie
12-12-2009, 10:34 PM
i have been looking for one also, for the same reasons as you . i have had no luck yet. >:(
i had one about 20 years ago . it was on an interphase sounder that i put on the boat i had then. had a look at them a while ago and they dont do them anymore.>:(
i will keep looking for abou 3 months more then i will make my own sliding bracket, and hope i dont forget to lift it.

pig75
13-12-2009, 12:27 PM
My matrix 17 has a kick up transducer standard. should be available from any humminbird stockiest

pig75
13-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Look here
http://www.bla.com.au/index.php?fn=productGroupView&dId=1&id=3950&eId=10&sId=d8809aa6bcf8adb76f0a79379fcb1c1e

geoffmck
13-12-2009, 08:58 PM
You are a legend. Cant believe know one else has mentioned this before now. The transducer on my Matrix 12 is probably the same size as the one on the 17 so the bracket should be readily interchangable. I'll suss it out. Thanks.

geoffmck
14-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks again! I bought the kick up bracket today fro $25.00. The transducer is now installed on my boat. Too easy.