PDA

View Full Version : yalta craft 555

huskii
06-12-2009, 07:32 AM
hi, any thoughts good or bad about the yalta craft 555. They look good and are priced well just wanted to know how they handle the rough stuff.

8astripey
06-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Huskii
Picked my fisherman 2000 up last week. Put a suzy 140 on the back and took it out to peel island for a test run last monday with 3 on board to see how it stood up to the bay at 20knts. Rode superbly into the wind with hardly any thumping easy to turn in the slop and did not look like broaching in the turns. With the following sea back to clevland point it was very comfortable and steered true. As a deep v at rest it was rocking but that is what you get with a 22deg hull. Cant have everything. All up with motor and hyd steering and a few other bits and pieces it came to $45k, this weekend putting a 997si hummingbird in and hopefully trying it out this arvo. Compared to a new cruiscraft or haines of the same size it is not as well finished off but i only want a fishing boat not an overdraft so i am happy with what i purchased. ;D

SgBFish
06-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Huski do a search in this section for "Yalta" there have been a number of threads on the boat.

Stripey above has nailed it though. I've had one for 3 years and they are a good ride.

Scott

Scalem
06-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Love mine! And it's doing everything I need it to. Like Scott said, there are a few threads you can search for but if you need help finding them let us know. Here is one I got a little carried away putting up a few photos
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=138982&highlight=yalta+owners

Scalem