PDA

View Full Version : 1 Kw Tranducer

Craig07
05-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Guy's
I'm hoping someone out there can help me out?? I have just upgraded my Simrad CA40 to a new NX45. The trouble is the tranducer connection to the set is different, and i have been told that i will have to replace the transducer as it cannot have the plug replaced.
It's a 1 Kw Airmar so replacing it will cost a dollar or two. Has anyone had or know if the plug can be replaced.
Someone has to fit the plugs to suit different units.

John Buoy
05-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Contact Markwell Marine in Cairns.
http://www.markwellmarine.com.au/Airmar.htm
They are aussie agents for airmar and also make up cables
and adaptors.
If the unit suits you might have a chance..

Regards Frank

oldboot
05-12-2009, 11:11 PM
This general assertion that sounder cables can not be joined and plugs can not be replaced....in my opinion is only part of the truth.

It certainly is beyond most boat yards and marine dealers, and probably beyond most auto electricians..........but someone had to put the plug on in the first place.

From what i understand airmar can "fit" almost any plug you like to their transducers.

Its just a case of some good electronic hand skills and getting the right plug.

cheers

lee8sec
06-12-2009, 06:49 AM
http://www.airmartechnology.com/uploads/installguide/17-039%20r01.pdf
How to splice the wiring. Leigh

Craig07
06-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks Frank, I'll give them a try.

I agree Oldboot, someone has to fit the plugs, i guess it's just a matter finding the right people.

Cheers, Craig

oldboot
07-12-2009, 07:40 AM
That Armair kit in the link looks like it is intended for cables a bit heavier than we would encounter...... but its existance does prove a point.

Anybody that is experienced in hand terminating small plugs in electronics should have no problem with replacing a plug.....assuming the plug was available.

hell if bloke can sucsessfully terminate an SVGA plug......there is not much that will present a problem

cheers

John Buoy
07-12-2009, 11:03 AM
That Armair kit in the link looks like it is intended for cables a bit heavier than we would encounter...... but its existance does prove a point.

Anybody that is experienced in hand terminating small plugs in electronics should have no problem with replacing a plug.....assuming the plug was available.

hell if bloke can sucsessfully terminate an SVGA plug......there is not much that will present a problem

cheers
I think the factor here is if the new unit is compatible
with the old transducer.
As you say a plug changover is not a huge job.;)

Regards Frank