PDA

View Full Version : East Point Lookout Friday

JACE...
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Hit WRB for a couple of just legal Dollies, Put the spread out and headed NE encountered some Lively looking water on the 100M line not long after hookup to stripey kept heading east for not a touch turned and headed back to the location of the first strike and swung North within 5 mins Shotty went off with a nice Dollie of around 8-10kg being gaffed after a spectacular arial display, That fish thought it was a bird! worked the area for another 4 hours for a total of 11 strikes landing the 1 Dollie and another 6 stripey Im guessing the drops were more stripeys?
Not a bad day for the first troll of the season.

Is there any dedicated billfishermen that are keen to swap details via email of where and when for this season ie, a detailed fishing report including gps marks skirt styles,sizes and colors. I fish anywhere from cape Moreton down to Tweed Heads and intend to have a spread in the water on each and every day the weather permits

Jace ;D

bugman
06-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Jace,

When you first said stripey I thought you meant striped marlin - especially in the 100m line. Got me excited but I guess you mean striped tuna.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of action around at the moment. I'm based out of tweed and am waiting for a couple of reports of action down this way. Doesn't seem to be happening yet. When or (if) it does there will be plenty of guys heading out.

We've probably been spoiled with a couple of great inshore black seasons in a row.

Brett

JACE...
06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah Striped tuna, The report would be a little hard to belive hey

MyWay
06-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Is there any dedicated billfishermen that are keen to swap details via email of where and when for this season ie, a detailed fishing report including gps marks skirt styles,sizes and colors. I fish anywhere from cape Moreton down to Tweed Heads and intend to have a spread in the water on each and every day the weather permits

Jace ;D

good going and lots of fun

JACE join local game fishing club
one i would highly recommend it is Sunshine Coast Game Fishing Club

here is the link http://www.scgfc.com.au/

or this one http://www.goldcoastgamefish.com/

cheers myway

King_Kong
07-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Good advice there,.... join one of the clubs and you get plenty of info on where the Billies are at the moment. Big mick