PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki DF90 Cruise Speed RPM

Pedro Jnr
05-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Guys,
Just got back from doing the "run in" for me new Suzuki DF90, I went through the procedure as per the owners book, nice smooth engine, big improvement over the old 3 cylinder 2 stroke Merc!

I'd like to hear from other Suzuki DF90 owners to hear what Engine RPM they usualy sit on when cruising? My old 2 stroke Merc would sit nice on about 4,200 RPM, the dealer I bought the engine from says I should be running the Suzi at about 5,000 RPM.

What do you guys normally run at?

Pedro Jnr

FNQCairns
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Congrats on the new engine, do you have any electronics that will tell you or you can calculate from, how many KM per litre you are getting at different rpms?

The best result will be you preferred cruise speed, individually it will depend on how much weight you are carrying and the hull your engines on, height of engine, foil? and of coarse the prop you choose to fit. I suspect somewhere in the middle to high 4k area but if you have a deep V possibly higher, anyway it will be an entirely individual rpm result.

Sounds like your dealer fobbed you off at least a bit>:(.

cheers fnq

Pedro Jnr
05-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi FNQ,
She is mounted on the back of my 530F Signature, at 4,000 RPM she is on the plane @ 17 knots at 5,000 RPM she is cruising along at 24 knots, My prop is a Stainless Steel (Solas) 13 7/8 x 17

She sounds sweet at 5,000RPM, just like to hear where other 4 stroke owners run their engines at?

Pedro Jnr.

Jarrah Jack
05-12-2009, 09:47 PM
The 90 on the 530 sig sounds good . I have a DF 70 on my hh16r and it does the job well. I like to sit on about 4800 revs and don't see the need to go any faster. I've had it up to about 70ks at wot for a test run . I want the motor to last a while so I'm a bit conservative at running it at high revs for long periods.

I'll be interested to read what others think.