PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Warranty Thumbs Up

bigjimg
04-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Gidday All After giving the outboard it's weekly turn over while not being used I noticed that the Throttle Shift Button didn't return back into it's seat like it should.So i thought i would take off the top of the handle and see if the cable had come adrift,and so it had.After deciding i didn't want to take off the control box as it is a concealed type,i thought i would give Wondall Rd Marine a try,after much praise from here.I rang Troy and told him what the go was and i arranged to drop the boat off the next morning for them to have a look.Given that it is just a small part Troy rang me later that day to tell me that Mercury will replace the whole control box under warranty,to say i was astounded would be understated but more than happy none the less:D .It will even be a nice shiny chrome plated one to replace the black one I've got.The boys down there I think will be adding another customer too their data base.I have only good things to say about Mercury Warranty well done.Jim

Steeler
04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Jim

Good story,isn't it nice when you need to make a warranty claim and it all turns out to be extremely painless.

Tight lines

Steve