PDA

View Full Version : 200hp Suzi Tips

Rod_Bender
04-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Guys

I'm about to purchase my first ever 4 stroke engine. 200 Suzi. If you have this model, and feel there are some important facts, and ideas which assist the motor, please let me know.

If anyone has any interesting tips, again, also let me know. i.e. one guy has told me normal fuel runs better then premium. etc

Thanks in advance.

Rod Bender

Tracker
04-12-2009, 10:22 AM
got a 200 on the back of a 650f signature.Not one problem yet in about 4 years.You just need to hang on when the driver pours the gas on.and also when crossing bars.the holeshot is pretty impressive.:D
we just run unleaded and dont store for to long.

Alchemy
04-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi RB,

I have a 2004 DF200 on the back of my Fisher swing a 16 x 20 prop. It is a great motor that I have had from new. The motor has close on 460 hours and it has never missed a beat. I have run both premium and standard ULP, but didn't notice any difference with the premium so stick with standard.

Regards,
Dave.

ozbee
04-12-2009, 06:37 PM
if you have a lowerance system make sure they have it talking before you drive it out of the shop.

kitty_cat
04-12-2009, 06:51 PM
i know a guy who is thinking of selling one (upgrading to 300hp suzuki)

are you interested in second hand as above never missed a beat, he just likes the power steering and digital throttle set up on the 300 hp

Alchemy
04-12-2009, 07:06 PM
i know a guy who is thinking of selling one (upgrading to 300hp suzuki)

are you interested in second hand as above never missed a beat, he just likes the power steering and digital throttle set up on the 300 hp

What do you think they are worth second hand? Just curious as my boat will likely be on the market soon.

Wahoo
04-12-2009, 07:36 PM
arhhhhh Rod, your boat is going to love the 200hp on the ass of it, well done

Daz

wags on the water
04-12-2009, 08:38 PM
What do you think they are worth second hand? Just curious as my boat will likely be on the market soon.

I priced a 200 about a month ago (new) and you won't get much change from $25k.

surveyor
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
hi kitty kat could you please pm me the dtails
thanks

Rod_Bender
04-12-2009, 10:04 PM
brand new would suit me better because i have to trade in my existing motor.

Beekee
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Rod bender
Sorry to change the subject
I have just ordered my new boat with Scott. I spoke to you a couple of times about your boat. I am getting the same as yours, the 5.9 meter. 200hp would be the max power I would assume. I am putting 150hp on mine as it will be just the two of us most of the time fishing from it. Have you any reason for going to the max hp. I know there is the argument of the motor not working hard.

Rod_Bender
05-12-2009, 09:33 PM
g-day mate

mate have you ordered your motor yet cause i want to get rid of mine b4 i trade it asap.

I really want to make the change from 2 stroke to 4 stroke and thought that if i'm going to go through the hassle of changing it over, i thought i'll just max it out. I've tossed up the idea of the 175 suzi...but then thought there isn't much price diff to the 200. i've tossed up the idea of the weight...but then thought you can't beat the extra ponies!!!! Overall, the 150hp will push it along nicely... get your a cav plate for it, and she'll perform well mate.

Beekee
06-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Will definately be putting a 4 stroke on it. Have had one for the last 7 years and it is a 1 way deal. Once you have had a 4 you don't go back to a 2 stroke. I am putting trim tabs on it. I will start a post about it when Scott starts to send some shots through early next year as I always enjoy the other ones that guys put up. Looked at a lot of other boats before settling on the Bluewater platey. You will be rapt in the four when you get it. Are the Volvo tabs the best.

Rod_Bender
06-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Beekee

Trim Tabs? I have often thought about it...but i feel the boat doesn't really need them. I haven't really investigated these, so unsure on which brands are better and pros and cons etc.

Mate looking forward to seeing your boat come along. I've still got a lot of my pics step by step from Scotty from the beginning. Enjoy the process and enjoy the boat mate. Best thing i've ridden in to date and money well spent.