PDA

View Full Version : Rockhampton Painter

NEWBY
03-12-2009, 05:44 AM
A couple of years back, I was talking to a couple who got their boat painted somewhere up the river in Rocky. Stand alone, solo painter apparently....Great rates and from what I saw,a really good job done in 2 pack....Last time I saw, the paint still looks great and no peeling....Problem is, I didnt get the painters name or number before they left Gladstone so if anyone up that way can help me out with a name and/or number, that would be great...Apparently he just works alone somewhere up the Fitzroy river there. He is not a big commercial outfit or anything.
Any help would be appreciated...

ifishcq1
03-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi Newby
You could ring The Fitzroy motor boat club or
I use Steve Sneddon and I will get his number for you

cheers

MY ALIBI
05-12-2009, 11:34 PM
mate i used steve sneddon he buggered UP ONE SIDE on my alibi said he'd redo it. Gave me the flick. He's not my fav painter. if you got probs hey .... he ows me 5k i reckon.

edited........

dunks84
07-12-2009, 01:20 PM
A bloke named Glen Reynolds has a slipway on the fitzroy, does a lot of painting, could be the bloke your chasing...

rat_catcher
08-12-2009, 05:52 AM
A bloke named Glen Reynolds has a slipway on the fitzroy, does a lot of painting, could be the bloke your chasing...

Yes there is a slipway further downriver from the Fitzroy Motor Boat Club. It is downstream from the meatworks, but upstream from the Nerimbera Slipway and on the North Side of the river.

I don't have the name or number handy, but I am sure somebody at the FMBC would be able to get it for you. Or it might be in the phone book.

dunks84
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Glen's Slipway - 49262166

NEWBY
09-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Anyone used Roslyn Bay Marina boat yard boys? Any reports?

rat_catcher
19-12-2009, 03:07 PM
My neighbour used to have a Mustang 3800 that he used to get work done there. As far as I have heard they are OK, but don't mind charging!!!!!