PDA

View Full Version : New Upholstery vs New Seats

upstart
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey all,
The helm seat and the passenger seat in the boat need to be either re-upholstered or replaced. They are quite comfortable bucket seats. After going to BCF and BIAS here in Townsville I'm up for somewhere between $350 and $500 dollars depending on the style of chair. I haven't yet gotten any prices from local upholsterers. Can anybody recommend somebody in Townsville? Any idea how much it might cost?Thanks, Ben.

Noelm
01-12-2009, 10:46 AM
I just picked up my seats on Saturday, they are bucket seats, and recovered in the colour and material of my choice, they cost $150 each to do, with better foam and a far better finish than new, so no idea how much someone up North would charge, but that's what mine cost, heaps cheaper than new!

Jarrah Jack
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
I've brought a few of the cheaper seats off ebay for about 100 delivered but they are not as good as the buckets seats especially when you get the better foam as Noel says.

I'm about to cut up my origional HH back to back seats and make buckets from them. They are much more comfortable than what I've found on the market, even better than my mates buckets in his new boat.

krazyfisher
02-12-2009, 06:00 AM
I just went through this and all the local blokes quoted me $300 to recover..... I ordered some nice helm seats for just under $300.
I am much happier with the new seats than recovering the old ones

Razgo-
02-12-2009, 06:04 AM
clark rubber have their own tailors and do custom work. I haven't had seats done before but other products i have. worth a call.

rodneyk
02-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Hi check custom marine trimming web site horizon shores gary used to do all haines hunter factory work at yatala can also be sent aust post i got all mine recovered and new bunk cushions 570 hh champion very prompt very good quality ;) he also sells new seats pretty sure he will solve your problem cheers rod

markbxy
02-12-2009, 09:54 PM
rodneyk how much did he sting u for that he quoted me 500 a seat